Sunday 7 June 2020

The Library Challenge - Layered

The new challenge at The Library  is a book called Layered , and there's a Visiting Librarian, Brenda. 
Layered: Baking, Building, and Styling Spectacular Cakes: Amazon.co.uk: Tessa Huff: 9781617691881: Books
I have the digital version of this book - it's full of tall and beautiful cakes that I love to dream of making and eating (and in my fantasy the cakes are deliciously low-cal!) - but so far I'm still pretty hit and miss with a basic Victoria Sponge. 

For my sample card I white embossed a Concord and 9th cake stamp, colouring it with sprays and Zig Clean Colour markers. 

I'd like to enter:
Just Add Ink  flowers and food 

11 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card.

Karen Brown said...

Beautiful card! I have that stamp and think it makes such lovely cards. :-) We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen - DT

Donna said...

Your cake card looks lovely, you are making me hungry, I may need to bake today!

Patrice said...

Oh wow! Both cakes look great. Love your colouring. Thank you for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

TK said...

Very pretty, and lots of yummy colors too!

Created by Kath said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT

Ros Crawford said...

Dreaming of eating... I'm with you there! I'd love to have cream again but I'm lactose intolerant. I can get lactose free but it doesn't taste of anything. Fabulous card and I love the colours, cleverly done too!

Chantell Randall said...

A fun card with interesting colour techniques. Chantell Just Add Ink

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome background around the yummy looking cake! Thanks for joining in at STB

Maria said...

Gorgeous birthday cake that looks delicious! And, great background, so pretty!

Pia S said...

Fantastic colors on the cake and background, this really is a beautiful design.