Wednesday 30 April 2014

Orchid and Bamboo.......


...or is that just another way of saying 'pink and green' , a colour combo I seem to be overdoing at the moment. (It's our current challenge at Inkspirational).

Anyway, I do love an oriental theme so I had to enter the challenge at Allsorts. I normally go for a more ornate oriental look, with rich and dark colours, but I had a piece of card on my table which I'd used to mop the ink of my mat from a prcvious project, stamped  the geisha on it (make unknown) and liked it. I stamped and embossed the lily ( Sheena Douglass)  on the same cardstock and, on both images, stippled the edges with Orchid Brilliance ink. The background embossing folder is also Sheena Douglass.


5 comments:

susiestacey said...

Lovely oriental card perfect for the challenge.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Oriental' challenge and good luck x Susan x

cm said...

Such a pretty oriental card, and the pink/green colour scheme works wonderfully with the images you've chosen. The embossed lily is gorgeous!!
c

brenda said...

This is just lovely for our Oriental theme, Marina, thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x (My Grand Calibur candy is still running here

Pia S said...

This or install card looks great in pink and green, I would never have thought of that! Love the pattern of the embossed background!

Nonni said...

Really beautiful. I also really like the oriental look and these colors really go well with it.