Tuesday 22 April 2014

I Get Misty


We had an hour to fill between dinner and bed, and my 7 year old said-'Let's do crafting' and I know what that means... He loves to grab my box of spray inks and use as many as possible!

This is no job for flimsy cardstock, so I chopped up an empty cornflakes box . And while he was drenching his with as much ink as he could, this is what I made.

I used two colours of distress ink pads, sprayed with water, then stamped with Paper Artsy JOFY stamps. Then I used Perfect Pearls Gold spray and finally, stamped with a circular 'happy birthday ' stamp (origin unknown).

Luckily I'd finished this when my son vigorously shook a turquoise Cosmic Shimmer spray whose lid (apparently) was not fully screwed on....

He's fast asleep now and our clothes are soaking in the sink and hopefully the Cosmic Shimmer will come out....

I'd like to enter:
Artful Times- spray
Scrapping 4 Fun  Use a stamp
Shopping our Stash  recycle (cornflakes box)
Vintage Stamping Challenges anything goes

13 comments:

Kim M said...

This is great! Love the story behind it too. Your background turned out lovely. :-)

Von said...

What fun you and your son had :) love the card and the shimmer spray
Thank you for joining us again at Artful Times
Von x☺x

chrissie said...

Sounds like you had fun Marina.

Love this and so good that you entered in our sprays challenge at Artful Times-thank you

Love Chrissie xx

Michelle said...

I love this Marina, the background is gorgeous. Sounds like you had lots of fun making it too :)

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Sounds like big fun!! Beautiful card, love the circle BDay stamp and your background.
Thank you for your lovely entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Donna said...

Beautiful!! Ahhh adventures of crafting with little ones, my 11 year old is forever wanting to get inky. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the Earth Day challenge.

Pia S said...

Nice! Great use of inks and mists and I really like the style of this card!

Angie C. D. said...

This is awesome! Love all the distressed inks and stamps. How fun it must be to have a creative mom like you! Thanks for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges. :D

WendyK said...

Thank you for joining us on Artful Times with your lovely card. Rather you than me with an ink spraying 7 yr old.

sandie said...

I love this colour mix Marina and I bet you had as much fun as your son!

Nonni said...

Beautiful card... And a fun story! I hope that cosmic shimmer comes off! :)

brenda said...

What a lovely piece of artwork Marina, thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

B x (My Grand Calibur candy is still running here)

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Hi, please visit the Scrapping4funChallenges blog.
Follow this link.
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.ch/2014/05/winner-and-featured-creations.html
Thank you
Rachelle DT