Friday 25 April 2014

Festive 48 - Week 15


I love robins. We see them in our garden all year round but I still love them as an image for Christmas cards.

For this card I cut the robin on the Silhouette, out of Kaisercraft patterned paper, with the breast cut out of white card and coloured with 'Barn Door' distress ink. I embossed the ivy on colour core card and sanded it. I used two lovely pre-made die-cuts form My Mind's Eye and a Martha Stewart border punch. I put it together using the sketch from Just Add Ink. 

Just to recap, I have challenged myself to make a Christmas card every week , and post it here (to make sure I do it!) . If I do this, by the beginning of December I will have 48 Christmas cards. I have also issued an invitation to anyone who would like to join me by linking up ONE card each week. 

Thank you to everyone who's joined me so far. I love seeing your cards. 

As well as Just Add Ink, I'd like to enter:
Winter Wonderland little robin redbreast 
Crafty Catz b is for (bird) 
Creative Knockouts Feathery friend 
Allsorts birds and feathers 
Crafty Calendar Things with wings 


18 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is lovely, Marina; the robin is exquisite. I admire your dedication to Christmas-card making! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

Seafield Jo said...

This is a great Christmas card, that's a beautiful Robin.

Thanks for joining in our latest challenge at Crafty Calendar.

Jo x

Anonymous said...

Great take on this sketch. Fabulous idea doing one Christmas Card per week. Chantell JAI

Unknown said...

beautiful Christmas card... I really like the warm traditional colours you've used. Great idea with starting Christmas cards... I'm always late! Thank you so much for joining us in our B is for challenge at Crafty Catz !
Mirella DK
DT Crafty Catz challenge – Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

WOW a card a week for Christmas! That is a fab idea - good luck.

You've used the challenge sketch this week in a fantastic way - thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

Trish
JAI Design Team

Mervi said...

Fabulous card, beautiful details.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge.
Sunny Easter greetings;-))m

brenda said...

What a super creation for our Birds and Feather theme Marina, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x (Not sure if you entered my Grand Calibur candy here if not there is still time to do so)

KimB said...

Love the vintagey patterns and colours Marina and your robin is just delightful. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Crafting Vicky said...

wow good for you! 1 card a week that's a great challenge. Love how elegant this card is. The embossing is awesome!

Thanks for joining us at Creative knockouts this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky. I have a great giveaway so don’t forget to join in  Crafting Vicky giveaway post 

PaperDaisies said...

What a stunning Christmas card. I love the design. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

Michelle J M said...

I am loving your Robins Marina. They are the sweetest little birds! Michelle x

Meighan Wheller said...

Another fab Christmas card Marina. The stash is growing ! Meg x

Helen said...

Love that robin. Fab card. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Knockouts for our Furry/Feathered Friends Challenge.

Hugs Helen P (DT) xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is so sweet, I saw a robin on Sunday, must still be cold here in Scotland! Love Hazel (Didos) x

Lynsey said...

Beautiful card and just perfect for our Robin Redbreast Challenge this week! Thanks for joining in!
Hugs Lynsey x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Marina - I love Robins, so this gorgeous card is right up my street! What a brilliant idea to make (and post) a new Xmas card each week - I am always at the last minute with mine!
Sylvia x
PS: enjoyed the London experience - it was great to meet you and the girls!

Jo Channon said...

Well done for getting on with your Christmas Cards! this one is lovely and the Robin is gorgeous - this really makes a Christmas card. Thankyou for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week Jo x

1CardCreator said...

Great card Marina, love that bird. ~Diane