Sunday 23 March 2014

Trapeze Artist


Belatedly,I upload the card I made for my daughter's birthday - it was on Valentine's Day, hence the heart. She was having a party with her friends in a circus-themed restaurant and I took this idea and was inspired by one of my favourite pictures ( Miss Lala at the Cirque Fernando) to feature a trapeze artist.

The trapeze artist was digitally cut from an SVG border file, then electronically cut on the Silhouette Cameo. I also cut the frame, heart, bunting and the sentiment shape (after typing in the sentiment). I added shimmery paper, glitter, background paper (Tim Holtz) , gems and a feather and I embossed the heart.

I'd like to enter:
Crafty Boots feathers
Crazy 4 challenges shake your thing
Cut it Up  anything goes
Silhouette Challenges create your own scene
Hiding in My Craft Room  Let's get digital
A song in your (He)art Celebration

12 comments:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

What a great silhouette. Love the colors on this card!

Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Cut it Up!
Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Kim M said...

Very nice, I like the way you combined your daughter's Valentine B-day and the circus theme.
Thanks for sharing with The CIU Challenge Blog.

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

love it thanks for joining our challenge at a song in your heart

Mrs Beez said...

I love the original design of your card. The paper is perfect and that feather is fabulous. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

chrissie said...

Fantastic card Marina--I love the addition of the beautiful feather

Love Chrissie x

Pia S said...

You've got a great source of inspiration in your daughter. The ones you make either for or to her are all so special. I love this one!

Mollie said...

Fabulous card! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at HIMCR!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Nana said...

Beautiful card.
Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful, seems like your daughter inspires you well! ~Diane

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous design, really original concept. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty, thanks for playing along with us at Silhouette Challenges!

Vicki said...

Beautiful and so clever. Thanks for joining us at A Song in Your He{ART}.