Wednesday 12 March 2014

Geisha in Distress


I've not had much time to craft this week - having a heavy week at work and also building work at home, I've been struggling to stay awake past 9.30! So I've made myself stay up tonight as I feel grumpy when I don't get time to craft!

The geisha and the background paper are from Debbi Moore oriental CD and I decided to grunge them up. I sponged 'Antique Linen' ink pad over the geisha image and then melted multiple layers of clear embossing powder over the top. My intention was to crack it but it wouldn't crack!! So instead I randomly stamped a crackle stamp over the top of the ep. I coloured the edges with a gold pen.

I crumpled up the background paper and distressed it using black ink, water and a distresser tool. I added an oriental charm that was part of a lovely prize package I won a while back from CD Sunday . I have no idea what it says so hope it's not inappropriate!

I'd like to enter:
CD Sunday  red
Eclectic Ellapu   vintage
Creative Card Crew charm
Addicted to stamps  anything goes
Artful Times  anything goes

15 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

This is really beautiful. I love the oriental lady and the fab metal charm. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

chrissie said...

This is fantastic Marina and such a great idea to add your own touch to the images. Thanks for joining us at Artful Times and hope uou will join our new challenge as well which will be posted tomorrow early evening.

Love Chrissie xx

Wynn said...

Wow lots of great techniques used to make this a stunning card. I don't know what your charm says either but it's a fab addition. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Hugs Wynn DT xx

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful Geisha card! ~Diane

Mistys Mum said...

A stunning card & so much work too. Love it. x

sandie said...

This so so creative Marina, I love how you went all grungy on this image, very cool idea and the crackle idea turned out right in the end. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Pia S said...

Great oriental look with a vintage feel! Nice touch using the crack stamp! I've got some crackle paint, only thing I don't like about it is how the paper curls up, so basically I use it to try and save an image where I've made some coloring mistakes....

Carol said...

I love what you have done with your Geisha. You have made her look as though she has been painted on porcelain. I tried to translate your charm but failed I am afraid.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT Team B

Purple Crazy said...

Lovely oriental look card, some great techniques too, Thanks for sharing at CD Sunday this week x

Jocelyn said...

A lovely distressed feel to this which I think works very well with the oriental image.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

This is just fabulous, love all techniques you have applied. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Sue-bDTx

Von said...

Real life does get in the way at times ! love the tattered edges and than you for sharing with us at Artful Times
Von ☺x☺

Neet said...

I am sure you remember I love all things Asian and this is no exception. It is really quite stunning. Love the image and I love the subtle crackle I can see peeping around her.
I think what really catches my eye too is the frame around the main image, that gorgeous deep red is the perfect foil for the geisha.
Hope things have settled now both at work and at home - building work is a nightmare. Dust everywhere - just write your name in it until it is all finished. Waste of time dusting.
Thanks for sharing with us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx

Unknown said...

lovely card-I like the crackling and the image. thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew Charms Challenge. Irene DT xx

Unknown said...

Great card, that paper is fabulous and I love the style of the card!

Thank you for joining the challenge with the Creative Card Crew! I hope you can join us again in our new challenge which started today!

Sheena
xxx