Sunday 26 April 2020

The Library Challenge - The Girl on the Train

The new challenge at The Library   is The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.

The Girl on the Train (Movie Tie-In) By Paula Hawkins | Used - Very Good | 9780735212169 | World of Books
This is a 'grip lit' book that I really enjoyed reading. The film was okay too but I thought it was a shame that they moved the story from the familiar to me setting in England, to the US. 

I know this is a more challenging theme - I hope somebody takes up the challenge! 

For my first card (above) I was inspired by her peeping round the door and used the peeking Santa stamp, coloured in with Promarkers and a scrap of paper. 

I'd like to enter the Santa card into:
Fezziwig's Festive Frolics 
Watercooler
Addicted to Stamps




For my second card I was inspired by the word 'train' and used this digi from Mo's Digital Pencil. I coloured it with markers and paper-pieced the clothes, adding some shading. I stamped the sentiment and mounted onto patterned paper and a grey base. 

I'd like to enter this into :
Tic Tac Toe markers, designer paper, red 
CD Sunday Plus
Krafty Chicks occasion - new baby

19 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Two lovely cards, love the cute image in the second one.

Mac Mable said...

I saw the film but never read the book Marina. Fabulous take with both of cards. Such a fun idea with your wonderful Christmas card and a super cute Baby Train card x.

Margarets designer cards said...

Two lovely card,
I do like the second one with the baby and the train, I dont know the book but I think they fit the challenge using the book
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Pamela said...

Took me a few minutes to realise the first card wasn't for the CD Sunday Plus Challenge LOL! Love the baby card that is for the CD Sunday Plus Challenge, beautiful image and great colouring.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Carol said...

So sweet and beautifully coloured.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Hazel (Didos) said...

Both your cards are super, I adore the baby gro being paper pieced, how cute. I loved this book too and wasn't as keen on the movie for the same reason as yourself. Thanks for playing along with me over on Fezziwigs this fortnight, Stay Home, Stay Safe, Hazel xx

Leanne said...

Adorable love the image and the coloring is sweet. Thanks for playing our challenge at KC

Leanne DT/Krafty Chicks

Wynn said...

Love the cute Baby card. Thank you for sharing it with us at CDSunday Plus Wynn DT

Maria said...

Two awesome cards! Love the Santa peeking around the corner! And, sweet baby card, so cute!

Ros Crawford said...

I loved the book but like you I wasn't impressed with the film at all... Two terrific cards though Marina and I love that sweet image from Mo's

JulieP said...

Love your take on the cover!

Heidi Weaver said...

Great cards, Marina. I love the way you've set up the Santa card to echo the cover of the book. Great idea! Thanks so much for sharing with us for the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Tristan said...

Love your peeking Santa Marina. Great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Tristan DT.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such awesome cards. Thank you for sharing your card with us at ATSM!

Jocelyn said...

Great cards. I especially like the Santa one, such a fun card. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Donna said...

Two fabulous cards, your Santa one is so cute and a great take on the book cover and the baby card could not be any cute-nice paper piecing and good idea using the train from the book.

Cheryl said...

Cute cards! I love your take on the library challenge. (I enjoyed the book too but haven't seen the movie.) Great paper piecing on the 2nd card.

Pia S said...

I haven’t read the book or seen the movie, but I think this would be my kind of book. Will look it up as I now have more time for reading. I absolutely loved the cover design and the title inspires to many variations as well. Your baby card is so sweet with the paper pieced detailing. Your Christmas card is both trendy with the stripes and traditional with the colors and Santa.

Linby said...

I had to come and see how Santa and stripes related to the book lol! Two great cards. I didn't like the film as much as the book, as usual so much was changed not least the MIL and her role.
I had the stamps ready for the last challenge - they are still there on my desk......