Sunday 17 March 2019

The Library - The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse

At The Library, the book is The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse. 
Usborne-Town-Mouse-and-the-Country-Mouse-c2007-NEW-Hardcover

For my first card, I used various stamp sets to create a scene where the two mice meet, with their homes in the background. I coloured it with Promarkers.

I'd like to enter the first card into:
Shopping Our Stash friendship



I know what you're thinking about my second project (hopefully not 'what a mess!') - 'Where is the mouse?' Well, my friend, YOU are the mouse, peeping through the undergrowth at your windmill home in the distance. ( I always think of mice living in windmills, due to my favourite childhood song). 

The base of this postcard is a real old library card , one of several kindly sent to me a while back by fellow crafter Mimi (She's Crafty ) - it was this card that inspired me to choose this story. 

I used Brushos and stamps from different sets. 

I'd like to enter:
Mix It Up Challenge  inked background 

I hope you'll join in the challenge at The Library. 

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Oh my word, I love this story! It's still one I read with the kids at school. What a fabulous little scene you've created. I love your second card too - very arty! Jo x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very clever designs! The mice are so cute, but I also like your artistic little mouse world!

Tip Top said...

Great colouring and cute image! Thanks so much for joining in at I ❤ Promarkers! Hope to see you again!

Mac Mable said...

Fun layout and design on your first card and love the mixed media second card, which is so creative and such a great idea x.

Chana Malkah said...

Both designs are beautifully crafted! I love the CAS style of the first card and the mixed media presentation of the second! We are so happy you joined us this fortnight at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Billie A said...

Cute card and images. I like the little scene and colors. Thanks for sharing over at Creative with Stamps.

Billie A
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Catz

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card.
. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers challenge. Good luck Ginny DT forI ♥promarkers
My Blog As I do Rodos

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Both cards are lovely, super cute first card with those little mice and the second card is a party of colors.
Thank you for playing at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
XO

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous... I love the first one with those sweet mice and the second one is so clever and stunning!

Linby said...

I love the first card - it's really sweet. But I adore the second one! Great perspective and the wording - everything really.

APeeling Crafts said...

Great cards! Love all the layers of the 2nd card-well done! Thanks for playing along at Creative with Stamps - Pam DT