Saturday 10 May 2014

Inkspirational Challenge 56


Here's my DT card for Inkspirational and here's our inkspirational picture:

Before I got the Silhouette electronic die-cutting machine, I thought about it for years, thinking it might make crafting too easy and take away the challenge. How wrong I was! I can spend hours trying to make an idea happen.

For this card, I found online a picture of a girl holding balloons, traced it in the silhouette , welded it to a circle and cutting it. Which all sounds quick and simple but took hours of experimenting to get right!
For my background, I embossed some aqua card.

This week at Inkspirational we reveal our wonderful new DT members,  Kim, Pia L  and Carol . I hope you'll come and join us.
I'd like to enter:
Card Mania  Embossing
Sister Act anything goes
Your Next Stamp photo(colours)
Time Out Challenges time flies (thanks Sandie!)

13 comments:

sandie said...

I must come to see how this machine works, still I think you have more patience than me! The silhouette is almost identical to the one in the photo and I love how you have positioned it and your colour choice is very refreshing.
This would be good for our challenge at TIME OUT this week..balloons fly!
Why not link up, here is the link
http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/time-out-challenge-5.html

chrissie said...

It all sounds very difficult but what a beautiful card you made.

Love Chrissie x

Kim M said...

What a sweet card! Love how you made the silhouette of the girl with balloons. Love the bright colour of the aqua against the clean white. :-)

Mary Decker said...

II am v3ry impre SS Ed w ith you're love ly ca rd!

Pia Larsen said...

I too is fasinated by the possibilities with owning a Silhouette, but as you say it takes time to get to know it. I will just keep to my stamps and inks :o)
Great card, Marina! And I am so happy to be a new member of the DT at Inkspirational Challenges :o)

sandie said...

yeh! So pleased you linked up to TIME OUT....you already know I think your card is fab x

cm said...

I'm always amazed by the versatility of the Silhouette, and your card here is yet more evidence of the 'wow' factor they have! Your girl with the balloons, nested in such a pretty frame, is a wonderful interpretation of the photo. The aqua and white pairing: striking! Leaving it sentiment-free opens all kinds of possibilities for occasions to share it! Lovely card! Thank you so much for inviting me to be on the Inkspirational Team; I truly am humbled and honoured! Hugs~c

Nonni said...

Beautiful card, great colors! You must be a computer wizard to understand that Silhouette machine -I'm intimidated by just the thought of it! :) Stunning result!

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the sweet and simple approach to this card. Very refreshing.

Pia S said...

Well spent hours indeed! The girl looks great sitting within the circle and I do like the freshness of this white and turquoise color scheme!

Karen M said...

Wow - I think all the work was worth the effort - your card looks amazing - I love it! xx

Anonymous said...

This is perfect for the photo! I like that you chose a white silhouette against that stunning blue shade.
- Shauna

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

I'm glad it's not just me who spends hours thinking a design through!! this looks well worth the time though - simply fabulous creation. Thanks for joining us at Time Out.