Thursday 19 July 2012

Relax!


Some people start card-making as a way to save money (and quickly learn to overspend on all that lovely stash). My daughter, however, saves money by getting me to make cards for her! There is usually a very specific requirement and a very short notice period!

A few days ago, she requested a thirtieth birthday card for someone who’s mad on the 80’s – needed by Saturday! Never mind that I have a full-time job and a five year old child to fit in too.

At first I was stumped and had to give myself a refresher course in 80’s popular culture! I knew I had no rubber stamps etc so I searched for digi stamps and, although there were a couple of things, they weren’t quite what I was looking for. Then I remembered ……tucked away in the back of the bookcase was a genuine, of the time,  1980s fashion book ! ( So, it’s true – if you keep it long enough, it comes back into fashion!)

I found an illustration and traced it , coloured it in and added ‘relax’ (a la Frankie Goes to Hollywood) to the Tshirt.

I hope she likes it.

As well as my daughter’s challenge, I’d like to enter these challenges:
Incy wincy Designs Dust it off challenge (I dusted off the book!)
The Perfect Sentiment Anything goes
LiaStampz  Anything Goes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job! Great to see you at Incy Wincy this week, hugs Samantha :0)