Saturday 3 December 2011

Magazine Addict - Papercraft Inspirations Issue 93 December 2011

This issue has a 'Masterclass'  on digital crafting, and there was one project, by Mel McCarthy, that I just had to try. I even went and bought the same 'A Day for Daisies' image and a copy of Photoshop Elements. ( I bought an old version so it was cheaper.)

I couldn't manage the digital paper piecing technique from the instructions in the mag but it said there was a video tutorial on their website. It wasn't easy to find so I'm linking to it here.

My finished card looks quite different to the original project and not just because of the less professional finish! I've used different colours, digital papers and layout on the card, so I feel it is my own work heavily inspired by a great  project and tutorial.

I'd like to enter this for the following challenges:

Green at Digital Tuesday  ( the background paper is actually olive green although it looks more grey in the photo)
Santa at Crimbo Crackers

2 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

Tip Top said...

Wow! I've never tried the digital merging but think I just might now! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers