Monday 12 December 2011

Magazine Addict – Craft Stamper January 2012

This month’s free stamp is a cockerel with ‘cock-a-doodle-doo’ written under it. The first thing I did was to cut the writing away from the image , to make it more versatile.

I punched a circle out of paper and used this as a mask while I inked glossy cs with ‘Old Paper’ distress ink. Then I used the paper with the round hole as a mask to spray ‘Sunflower’ Glimmer Mist for the sun. I stamped the Molly Bloom fence on top and coloured it in. I stamped the cockerel onto a leftover piece of alcohol inked paper.

Regular viewers of My Perfect Life may notice that this same piece (A5?)  of alcohol inked background paper has been employed on a range of projects! I believe this really is the last scrap now. What great service!

I'd like to enter this for the following challenges:
Secret Crafter All Creatures Great and Small
Cas-ual Fridays Clean and Simple Misting Technique
Gingersnap Creations Livestock

8 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Oh my gosh, that's awesome! LOVE the misted sun--such a unique idea!!! :)

Victoria said...

Fab card - love how you've composed the scene. Great misting technique.

Laura Davis said...

Darling card!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Franz♥ said...

Love your little creature, so amazing!

Thanks for sharing your work with us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.

Hugs, Franz.

p.s.: I have some candy if you like!

Tracy Heaton said...

Adorable! Thanks for joining us at SCSC.
Tracy x

Karen B. said...

Such an awesome concept and perfect execution too! Thanks for tackling the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge this week!

Virginia L. said...

How fabulous to have the misted sun! So glad that you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Oh, it's adorable! I haven't yet liberated my cockerel stamp from the magazine... must set him free, LOL! Thanks for playing along at Gingersnap Creations!