Wednesday 16 November 2016

The Little Drummer Boy

Anyone whose child has ever been given a drum for Christmas may wonder why I've used the sentiment 'Peace on Earth'!  Well, it's in tribute to a Christmas classic hit  The Little Drummer Boy/ Peace on Earth, by David Bowie and Bing Crosby.

My 'drummer boy' is a My Favorite Things stamp and the trees and sentiment are by Neat and Tangled. The base card is embossed with a folder from Taylored Expressions.

Parupapumpum, rupapumpum......

I'd like to enter:
Seven Hills Craft Christmas song
Deep Ocean  Inspired by a song
Sparkles Forum  Christmas is coming
ABC Challlenge 3 trees
Double D Challenges trad Christmas colours

11 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Marina this is awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Traditional Christmas Colors’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

chrissie said...

I was one of the mum's whose grandparents bought a drum for Christmas-----??

Just love your card Marina

Chrissie xx

Esther said...

What a beautiful card Marina! I love the imagery which is so festive and beautifully coloured. The embossed background is a great way of adding to the texture and visual interest in a subtle way. Love it! I'm an aunty who bought a drum kit for one of my nephews... funnily, I've NEVER seen it out in their house when I visit ;-) lol, Thanks for playing along with us at Seven Hills Crafts!

Diane said...

Absolutely adorable..love it! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful! I remember my boy getting one once but then he was always noisy!

Maria said...

What a fab card with the tree and darling mouse!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So cute and fun!

Leslie Miller said...

Haha! Funny your correlation between the drum and "peace on earth". What a fun and festive card! Beautiful night sky, and I especially love those trees. The starry embossing gives it that little something extra, yet still the simple lines I love and very mail-able. Glad you shared it with us at Double D!

Mojca said...

Ths really looks lovely. Thau for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

Susan Powell said...

Your card is a great tribute and super cute too!

Jenny said...

I know what you mean about drums for children!! Great inspiration for your card and love the snowy trees in the scene too :)
Thanks for playing along with our last challenge of 2016 at Seven Hills Crafts :)
Jenny x