Thursday 10 November 2016

Don't Drink and Cycle

Don't drink and cycle, folks...also, don't drink and craft.....

Last weekend my daughter asked me (on Friday night) to make a birthday card for her friend. She needed it the following morning when she would leave the kids with me so she could go out with the friend. (What a full service I provide!).

The ideas my daughter gave me...bikes, dogs, yoga, Prosecco.  I didn't have time to incorporate all these ideas(!) so I decided to cut out a bike and a bottle on the Silhouette and put the bottle on the back rack of the bike. Being Friday night, I'd had a couple of glasses of wine before I started making the card and when I got up on Saturday morning to do the finishing touches, I realised I'd accidentally stuck the bottle to the saddle!

Ok it was a stupid idea to stick the bottle on the rack but on the saddle looked even sillier! So, I tried to rescue it by adding two glasses onto the rack. Okay..it's just a card- not real life!

Anyway - the patterned paper is from a Prima pad, the sentiment is Personal Impressions and the flowers were all punched.

I'd like to enter:
Deep Ocean  Die Cuts and Punches
Naughty or Nice punches (flowers)
Pinspirational  the patterned paper has 'postcard' and post marks on it,
Aud Sentiments  anything goes

10 comments:

chrissie said...

Fantastic card and such wonderful ideas.

Love Chrissie xx

Stella said...

I love how you described the making of this card. And your daughter is lucky to have you. Mum makes the cards and also takes care of the children so she can go out.Definitely full service :) And your card is great!

Ros Crawford said...

How do you come up with these beauties so quickly? I guess your brain is younger than mine! Fabulous card!

Lindsey said...

I think the placement of the bottle and glasses are just right! And your card is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

Lynne in NI said...

LOL I think the bottle and glasses look great! Thanks for playing along at Naughty or Nice :)

Dotty Jo said...

Such a pretty card! I love the colours and images. So glad you've joined us at Naughty or Nice for our November challenge, Jo x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Naughty or Nice, good luck!!! Amy DT

Pia S said...

I never thought of the bottle being placed at a wrong place, it belongs there on the saddle if you ask me. Your daughter certainly gives you challenges, and short deadlines too. I really like this and you picked such lovely soft colors too. It's gorgeous!

Nonni said...

Fun story behind this card. :) I love the color palette and I thought the placement of the bottle was just very imaginative, not bad at all! I think this turned out fun!

Elle Kay said...

I love how you kept the colours similar, it makes for an outstanding card. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing with Aud Sentiments!