Sunday 20 October 2013

Trick or Treat


Here's a card with a pumpkin Jack-O-Lantern - but honestly, I think I was well grown up before I ever saw a pumpkin. As a child, in Scotland and then the north of England, we made Jack-O-Lantern's out of swedes (called turnips in Scotland). I think they were uglier and scarier!

This card uses a free Dearie Dolls digi, which I paper- pieced.  The papers were freebies from a magazine, except the spotty black, which is from a Docrafts CD. The sentiment is a Docrafts stamp, the web in the corners is a Stampin Up stamp and the spider was die cut.

I'd like to enter:
Eclectic Ellapu Halloween
Wags n Whiskers Paper piecing
Papercraft Star Photo inspiration
Simply Create Too Halloween
Clear it Out Challenge Halloween/ orange    

6 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

What a fab card! Love the pumpkin! Thanks so much for playing along at Papercraft Star

sandie said...

what a great little fact to learn! And I so love the little cat snoozing! Hope you are well Marina x

Pia S said...

You've made so many awesome cards while I was away on holiday, and I really liked this Halloween themed one. The spotted cat and paper pieced pumkkin look great, and that little spider with orange eyes adds a spooky feel to your card!
I clearly remember the first time I ever saw a real pumkin. I was studying in France, and one of my neighbours, a retired man, often had high volumed arguments with his girlfriend. It never bothered me, but I think it bothered him, so I remember he came to me with a pumkin and an apology. I said thanks of course, but I didn't know what to do with it. But a friend's mother, who also lived in the building did, and they made the most fantastic tasting soup for me!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the spotted cat on that CUTE pumpkin! THX for playing with us @ Papercraft Star!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Hi, M: I love your Halloween card--- cute cat too! thanks for joining in our challenge.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Crafting Vicky said...

This is sooo cute. I have never seen a turnip for Halloween... here in Canada it was always pumpkins... much softer I think to carve.

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Wags ‘n whiskers. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 450 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2013/10/giveaway-celebration-for-450-followers.html