Tuesday 29 October 2013

Diwali Card


This is the first time I've made a card for the Hindu festival of light, Diwali. It's for a work colleague. As it's not my culture, I had to do a bit of research into what would be appropriate - not the best occasion to try anything too cutting edge, I felt! I was lucky enough to find this blog by Chaitali who has created Diwali electronic cutting files and shared them freely.

I cut the lamp with Coredinations cs and embossed and sanded the base. I added glitter to the flame. a scalloped circle, lilac pearls and some paisley patterned paper printed from a Docrafts CD.

I'd like to enter:
Crafty Cardmakers Monochromatic Purple
Die Cuttin Divas Anything Goes
Twisted Tuesday Free for all
Dynamic Duos Wisteria and plum

8 comments:

Lin said...

This is beautiful. I really like the paisley paper.

Such a pretty creation, thanks for sharing it with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers

Vickie Y said...

Very pretty card; Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

chrissie said...

Beautiful card-the colours and images look very peaceful

Love Chrissie xx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Love the monochromatic color scheme on this!

Viv said...

Great job! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Michelle J M said...

You have made a great card for quite a difficult topic. Love those shades of purple. Michelle x

Lizzie R said...

Great monotone palatte! Very nice card! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

snappy scrappy said...

Pretty...thanks for playing along with us at DCD!