Sunday 13 January 2013

Vintage Vogue


Everyone in England seems to be very excited today about the snow that's forecast. We must look quite silly to many of our friends abroad who are used to heavy snow! My main worry is that I'll make it into work tomorrow and not get back home....must take a clean pair of knickers with me just in case I have to sleep at my desk!!

Anyway,  on with the crafting -
This week's CD Sunday challenge is Vintage Vogue. This glamourous woman comes from My Craft Studio Encyclopedia of Card Templates and Folds. I used the sketch from Feeling Sketchy. The patterned paper is by Cosmo Cricket and I found the Vogue logo on the internet, printed it and dabbed it with ink. I added glitter to the dress and 5 square gems.

17 comments:

Joey said...

Beautiful card! Love the gorgeous glamour gal on the side! Hope you dont get to much snow. Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy

Pia S said...

The color of your DP matches the color of this beautiful vintage women just perfectly! A great take on the sketch!

sandie said...

Marina, I adore this, the image is so elegant and the paper so remind me of wallpapers in the 70s!

Yvonne Garner said...

Oh Marina! I love your card. Love the colors, design, and sparkles you added to the gown. Fabulous!!! Hugs, Yvonne

Ultimate Whirligig said...

What a lovely card Marina. I love the paper. Thanks for joining in with us at Feeling Sketchy this week.
Michelle

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy. Best wishes Margaret

chrissie said...

What a classy card Marina anyone who receive this will feel special for sure.

Love Chrissie xx

Beryl said...

Really elegant image - perfect for this week's challenge.
Hope you don't need those knickers today Marina.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A lovely elegant image Marina. I hope you made it home OK. Thanks for joining in this week at CD Sunday.

Sue x GDT CD Sunday

Carol said...

A Great card Marina. Don't I wish I had a figure like that.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

Hi Marina. I love the image you have chosen and the colour combo.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Mistys Mum said...

Hi Marina what a beautiful card I love the layered panels in the background. I too wish I had a figure like that. x

Purple Crazy said...

A lovely card and such an elegant image, Thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

Jane Willis said...

A lovely card. That background paper is gorgeous and perfect with the image

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, I love the image and rich colours.
Pauline
x

sue-b said...

perfect for our challenge this week at CD Sunday Marina, lovely image and paper.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

Great card marina, like the colour and the extra sparkle.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT