Wednesday 16 January 2013

Inkspirational Challenge Week 3 CASE

 I've got to confess...until I entered the Inkspirational design team call, I'd never CASEd a card - I wasn't even sure what it meant!

This is what I learnt - it's using someone else's card for inspiration. It shouldn't be a total copy, just a few elements, like the colours, the layout etc.

This beautiful card by Victoria Jeffries has a Clean and Simple style, but is actually extremely skilled. My version is less skilled! I tried to keep the proportions of coloured card to stamped image, but changed the shape slightly and rounded my edges as in Victoria's card.

I embossed Coredinations cardstock with a Sizzix folder and sanded it. The birds are a digi stamp from A Day for Daisies, who are our sponsors this month.

Please join us at Inkspirational Challenges  and show us how Victoria's card inkspires you.

7 comments:

sandie said...

Marina, this is a brilliant CASE and looks pretty skilled to me! I love how you changed the shape and the embossing is a perfect background.

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Marina! This is beautiful. Love the image you selected. Birds are one of my absolute favorites. Well done!

Unknown said...

Marina this is a beautiful CASE. Beautiful embossing and lovely colors.
Hugs,
Ellen

Mynn xx said...

Marina, this is just beautiful! I adore the blue you've used as a background and the bird image is fabulous! GORGEOUS card--HUGS and have a great week! :)

chrissie said...

This is gorgeous Marina-love the colours and the bird image is so beautiful.

Love Chrissie xx

Ruth M said...

Oooh, Marina, this is SOOOO soft and pretty! I love the sanded embossing and the square layout looks fab!
Ruth x

Meighan Wheller said...

Hi Marina, I think we are our worst critics. Your card is lovely. Love the image and how you have coloured it in! The touch of pink on the trees just adds that little bit of colour. A great CASE :) Take care Meg