Saturday 27 July 2024

Inkspirational Challenges - Woodland



 Our new challenge at Inkspirational is: 

Now, when you look at my card,  you may think - Oh, where are the trees? My original design had a stencilled trees background but that didn't work out so I hope you can accept that these are woodland creatures and the trees are obscured by the snow. 

I stamped and embossed Avery Elle Peaceful Frame in white on kraft, and hand-cut it out. Then I stamped a Concord and 9th sentiment onto a white panel and splattered it with Frantage embossing - I was channeling my lovely teamie, Pia, here- she always inspires me with Frantage. Finally, I added gold glitter and white pen highlights to the image. 

Please go and look at the fantastic inspiration from the rest of the DT at Inkspirational and enter your own creation. 

I'd like to enter: 

Christmas Kickstart - Festive Frames 

My Time to Craft - woods

Peace on Earth



8 comments:

Pia S said...

No treed are needed here, this card has plenty of woodland feel for me. And the frantage, you know I love that stuff, so glad you used it here as I think it’s the icing on the cake on this card😊

cm said...

Marina, the woodland vibe on your card comes through loud and clear. Completely smitten with the white-on-kraft wreath; a pretty stage for the sweet deer, squirrel and bird. The frantage is a beautiful special touch. Love this!
hugs~c

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful tan/brown colors for your pretty woodland scene Marina! Such a pretty foliage frame as a settling place for the deer, squirrel and bird. The Frantage EP gives wonderful texture to your background too! Julia xx

Donna said...

Darling card, I like it just like it is, I think trees would of been too much, like the frantage embossing.

Darlene said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL card ... doesn't need anything more! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

Martina said...

Marina, this is a beautiful and gentle card with animals. I like the natural craft paint and Frantage embossing. Martina - DT

Marlena M. said...

This is so classy and has a woodsy feel...trees or not! LOVE it~

Miss Mudge said...

What a lovely little woodland scene! I love the gold embossing and the sweet little creatures in the branches. Thanks for joining us at MTTCC - DT Nikki