Thursday 15 February 2024

40th Birthday

 

This is the card I made for my daughter's 40th birthday which was yesterday - Valentine's Day.  As she was born on the 14th February, I always like to incorporate a heart or two on her cards. 

Here I used a Lori Whitlock digital cutting file, which I cut on a Silhouette digital cutting machine, The original design is a Valentine's card, with two heart-shaped balloons and other little hearts. However, I hope that by changing the colours and papers, and adding the numbers, I've made it suitable for a birthday. 

As I mentioned in a previous post, we had a surprise party for her last weekend. It was in a private room in a cocktail bar and there was lots of fun and cocktails. 

Here are some of the decorations I made for her cake:

I would post a photo of them in the cake, but my phone was kept behind the bar playing a 'hits of 1984' playlist I'd put together for the occasion, so I didn't get a photo.

I'd like to enter:


Cut it Up  have a heart 





10 comments:

Carrie said...

Your Lori Whitlock box card is lovely! I have a lot of her Silhouette files, too! She comes up with some great designs! You’ve personalized this so beautifully for your daughter’s 40th! Sounds like her party was lovely, too! Thanks for sharing this card at creative Creases!

Kampin' Karen said...

Marina, card in a box is one of my favorite fun folds. The recipient is always impressed! Thanks for playing at Creative Creases.
Karen, DT

Debbie Mageed said...

What a fantastic birthday box card! Love that you made such a sweet fun fold card for her milestone birthday. Great decorations for the cake, as well! Such a good mom! :-D Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

cm said...

Marina, celebration happening all over your fabulous box card! The numbers, the champagne bottle, the hearts, the numbers: perfect for your Valentine's Day birthday daughter. I know she loves, it as do I. I'm smitten with your sparkly cake decorations; so pretty!
hugs~c

Rae said...

Marina, I just love your whimsical birthday box card. So fun!

Thank you for joining us for Creative Creases #75. Hope to see you again soon!
Rae in Reno
Creative Creases DT

Greta said...

What a special card for your daughter, Marina! You're very creative and bet she had a wonderful time at the party--along with everyone there! Happy you linked up to our 10th BD celebration at Time Out!

Tristan said...

Love your box card Marina. Great use of colours and hearts. Thanks for joining us at AAA Birthday.

Ina G said...

What a fabulous birthday box and for such a special occasion. Thanks for sharing at Cut It Up.

Gerda said...

What a fabulous box card!! Love it!!
Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice work, thanks for sharing!!!