Saturday 29 July 2023

Inkspirational - Use Stencils


As some of you may know, my crafty hobby had to take a backseat for about 18 months, while I had lots of (positive) life changes and now I'm back I'm noticing some trends that have rocketed while I was 'away'. 

One of these is layering stencils, something I was inspired to try for my Inspirational DT card. 

This Pink Fresh stamp has a set of  layering stencils to go with it. I did find them tricky to use and this wasn't my first attempt. Tbh I don't really feel the result was worth the effort. Also, I've seen layering stencils, demoed on Youtube, that can be used with or without a co-ordinating stamp, so I'm a bit disappointed that this one cannot be used independently, It doesn't seem worth the cost. But I'm glad I tried it. 

As a side note, the die-cut Hello has been in my stash for years - I think it's from a swap cahllenge I did with Pia and Nonni - and that's my favourite bit of the card! 



3 comments:

Julia Aston said...

I think you are being too critical of yourself Marina! The stenciling over the stamping is lovely - such a pretty bouquet in the jug! Julia xx

cm said...

Marina, I think your flowers-in-the-vase turned out beautifully! I hear you about those particular stencils and have a couple in my stash that aren't getting much attention for the very reason you cited. I'm not feeling the urge to order the stamps, so...lesson learned for sure. That said: your results are better than my attempts ever were!
hugs~c

Marlena M. said...

This is so crisp looking Marina, it's surprising it's a stencil! I think this looks fabulous!