Tuesday 16 May 2023

My Cat Ate My Background .....

 


...but I used it anyway! 

A few weeks ago I had a play around with some Twinkling H2Os and other watercolour paints and left them all out to dry on my craft room table.  A few days later, I found this one on the floor with the 'distressing' on the right. There is only one suspect! (Once, he ate my straw hat.) 

Perhaps I should have thrown it away, but I didn't - I put it in my bits bag and today I was sifting through and noticed the star looked quite nice against it, The sentiment is one I designed and cut on my Silhouette but was too big for the project I was working on. I punched a few tiny stars out of some black glittery paper and it was done. 

Is it bad to send someone a birthday card that has been chewed by an animal???

I'd like to enter:


Use Your Stuff technique - watercolour

Try it on Tuesday  keep it simple 





8 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, so eine schöne Sternenkarte! Mir gefällt auch der Hintergrund sehr gut.
Danke, dass du deine tolle Karte bei Paperminutes zeigst!

Liebe Grüße -
Heidi.

Tammy L said...

This is fantastic! I love that you used the paper even though the cat distressed it...LOL It really adds an extra element to your card. Thanks for joining our technique challenge at Use Your Stuff this week! Come play with us again in our next challenge!
Tammy DT Co-ordinator

cm said...

I think your cat's 'design innovation' makes your card extra special! Super cool. I think you should send it; it's fantastic!
hugs~c

Viv said...

Brilliant use of a piece that many would have thrown away! Great card and thanks so much for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday!

Fiona said...

That made me smile - my cats never destroy anything but the new puppy I have definitely seems to love my papers. It looks fab and great that you didn't throw it away. Thanks for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour

Haven_mom4 said...

I say give it away. Only you and your blog friends know the extra distressing was animal made, but it looks intentional. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! Loving the way the colours blended and the design with the star is amazing. As an animal lover I wouldn't mind receiving it and I'm sure your friends and family would appreciate the story behind it too ...lol 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday ! Hugs, Jo x

foleysfriend said...

I suppose that's one way to get the distressed look! Love the background you created and it's perfect with the stars and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.

sue n.