Sunday 25 October 2020

The Library Challenge- How to Catch a Star

 


The new challenge at The Library  is How to Catch a Star by Oliver Jeffers.


I raided my son's bookcase for this one....he's 13 now so doesn't read picture books anymore but we've not got round to giving them away. This one has such beautiful illustrations - I think I'll keep it. 

For my first card (top) , I used a new Stamping Bella stamp, coloured with Promarkers, with shimmer pen on the skirt and metallic silver glitter on the star. The sentiment is a combination of sets. 
I'd like to enter this card into:


My second card was clearly inspired by the cover, with the colours and the space theme. The galaxy background was an old freebie paper and I coloured the MFT stamps with Promarkers, 

I'd like to enter:
Passion for Promarkers  die cut star 



14 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A fabulous card. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

Vicky Hayes said...

Both cards are fabulous Marina and so different from one another! I love the idea that the star has just somehow landed in the lady's hand in the first and what an adventurous feel the second has! Vicky x

Linby said...

These are such lovely designs. The first one is so unusual for a Christmas card, your bespoke sentiment is wonderful.
I just love that sentiment on the second one and the cute astronaut.
Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

brenda said...

A really sweet creation, thanks so much for sharing and joining in our Celebrations theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

TK said...

Fantastic! Love your interpretation, and each is special

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous first contemporary Christmas card and a great boys space card x.

Crafting Queen said...

Two stunning cards, I adore the second one.

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining with ust at Fab’n’Funky Challenge this time and good luck :)

Leanne said...

Adorable, and such great colors, thanks for playing our All Occasions Challenge this week at Krafty Chicks.
Leanne DT/KC

Ros Crawford said...

You always come up with terrific designs.. These are wonderful!

Mummylade said...

Amazing designs! Thank you for entering our celebration challenge at Allsorts this week.

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Waouh ! J'adore ces deux cartes très différentes mais aussi jolies l'une que l'autre.
MaryannG

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Shauna said...

Two fantastic cards! I feel like this theme really spoke to you. I LOVE that stamping bella image and your space scene is so cute and fun!
- Shauna