Sunday 13 September 2020

The Library Challenge - The Cat in The Hat

 

The new challenge at The Library is The Cat in The Hat by Dr Seuss. 

The Cat in the Hat: Green Back Book (Dr. Seuss - Green Back Book),Dr. Seuss

For my sample card I stamped a cat from Katzelcraft wearing a witch's hat from a complimentary Katzelcraft set. These are unmounted rubber stamps and the number of fails I had trying to get the hat on the cat reminded me of what an innovation clear stamps are! In the end, I hand-cut the cat and hat separately and got the hat onto the cat that way! 

I made the background with Distress Inks and stamped the sentiment in the moon. 

PS - When I went to link this up at Watercooler, I noticed that their challenge last week was won by Cornelia using the same cat, wearing the same hat! Of course, the stamps are made to go together but there are six cats and five hats to choose from so was it coincidence or did I see Cornelia's wonderful card and subconsciously CASE it?! 

I'd like to enter:

Tic Tac Toe bottom row 

Watercooler 

Allsorts I love cats !

Sweet Stampin  pets 





11 comments:

brenda said...

A real fun cat on your Halloween creation, many thanks for joining in with our 11th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge.

It would be lovely see you share your card in the A/G option of our first We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge: https://www.welovechocolatebaroque.uk/, great prizes to be won.

B x

Pia S said...

I love his less than enthusiastic facial expression. The dark background adds a little spooky feel, which is perfect for Halloween.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Great card! I have subconsciously copied a lot closer than what you did here. (You probably didn't) I think this cat just begs to be used for Halloween. Love your card! Thanks for your kind comment!

Linby said...

Fabulous card, love the background you used. Thanks for joining in with my "I Love" challenge at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

Stef Perry said...

LOVE that grumpy looking cat in the hat, he totally cracks me up! Sweet Halloween card and perfect for our Tic Tac Toe challenge. Thanks for joining tttc081 this week!

Ros Crawford said...

Holy cow that looks just like my cat when I bring him before he's ready to come in! Brilliant card!

Tristan said...

I love your cat Marina - he looks so unimpressed to be wearing that hat. Great colouring and interpretaton of the book. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

Created by Kath said...

That cat looks like I feel about Halloween! Thank you for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT

Mummylade said...

Just adorable :). Thank you so much for celebrating with us at Allsorts this week.

Pat K said...

Oh..not a happy kitty..must be the all the door bell interruptions! A real fun Halloween card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

Mervi said...

Fabulous and sweet card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m