Wednesday 31 July 2019

Toucan on a Surf Board

Note, I didn't say 'surfing toucan' ...he's just perched on the surf board!

I started out with a Concord and 9th toucan stamp (I broke the diet, soz), and to get a 'vintage' look I stamped him in brown on kraft card with lots of distess ink daubing. 

I used an SVG cutting file from Lettering Delights - it had the surf board and the palm tree set in a little scene. So I stripped it down, enlarged it, cropped it and cut out what was left on my Silhouette machine.  I decorated the surf board with stamps from the toucan set. 

I created a background using inks and stencilled some clouds - which was a waste of time because since I vintaged it up and put the die cuts on top, you can't see them! 

Finally, I created and cut the 'aloha' on the Silhouette and added some shimmer pen. 

I'd like to enter:


9 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is super fun. I love the kraft and stamping on kraft. This is a great summer card!

Mac Mable said...

This is such a unique and fun card. Love the 'surfing Toucan!' and your scene making is fabulous x Great work on the silhouette and on the clouds too!!! x

Ros Crawford said...

Fun and perfect for the challenge ... Very creative Marina!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Cute card. I really like how you stamped the surf board.
It's a lovely detail.
xxx

Pia S said...

What a fun tropical scene you’ve put together. I think the colors make it perfect for a man.

Izzy Scrap said...

Wow ! Fabulous card and I love the dimension you succeeded to give it. Really a lovely tropical card. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Wei said...

Such a fun card with a surfing Toucan. Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Monika Skinner said...

Great take on our challenge theme! Has me wondering, if the Toucan would love to try surfing ... hmmm Thanks so much for playing along at The Male Room Craft Challenge. Good Luck!

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the PINspirational Challenge this time and good luck :)