Sunday 7 July 2019

The Library Challenge- Five Weeks in a Balloon

The new book at The Library is Five Weeks in a Balloon by Jules Verne , chosen by Visiting Librarian,  Martina.

five weeks in a balloon book - Google Search
I've not read this book - I've heard of some of his other books and they seem to be old-fashioned (maybe not at the time!) adventure stories. I did think of making something vintage travel-themed but in the end just went with the balloon - I do love hot-air balloon images! 

This image is by A Day for Daisies and I added a sentiment, paper-pieced the balloon, stencilled the clouds and coloured with Promarkers. 

I hope you'll join in the challenge and also, pop over to Martina's blog.

I'd like to enter:
Papercraft Challenges stars
Fab n Funky  stars
AAA Birthday 
Watercooler 
Simply Create Too pattern paper

16 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Another unique and fabulous card I always love your designs

Mac Mable said...

What a great image and such a hot air balloon x.

Donna said...

Beautiful catd, like your image and your coloring!

Helen said...

I love this beautiful and unique card! It has so many interesting elements. Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

Renate said...

Thank you for sharing this stunning card at our "stars" challenge.
I hope to see you back at our next challenge.

-xiss- Renate.
(DT Papercraft Challenges)

Pia S said...

The image is lovely. I like how only parts of the balloon is showing and it’s a beautiful mix of colors.

Sherri Thacker said...

What a fantastic image! I love how you colored her too!!

Jane said...

Wonderful free and flowing image and fabulous colour choices too! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Lisa said...

beautiful card Marina, I love the little stars on your balloon. Thank you for playing along on the Papercraft-Challenges blog. Lisa xx

Maikreations said...

Such a beautiful card! Thank you for joining our "Stars" challenge at Papercraft Challenges and please excuse my late commenting! Have a fabulous day and happy crafting ;o) Maike

Milla said...

Oh I love your card, such a beautiful unique image and those clouds look dreamy! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday!

Martina said...

What a great card. I like it very much. Martina

sweet art designs said...

Your card is truly lovely. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

Ana A said...

Love you hot air balloon and the colors you have chosen for your card! Thank you so much for playing with us at AAA Birthday! Looking forward to seeing you creations in our future galleries :)

sweet art designs said...

I love the fresh design. It is lovely. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

Robin Francini said...

Great card! I felt like I was floating alone too! Thank You for joining us at Simply Create Too Robin DT Member