Sunday 26 May 2019

The Library Challenge - The Art of Stripes

The new book at The Library  Is The Art of Stripes , an illustrated fashion book.
The Art of Stripes: Over 30 ways to wear stripes: Amazon.co.uk: Hardie Grant, Libby VanderPloeg: 9781784881511: Books
I received this book as a gift and I love looking at the illustrations of great outfits .

For my first card (top) I stamped part of a big Alte-New flower stamp onto ivory card and paper-pieced it using three different stripy papers. I also used some lilac alcohol marker and nuvo drops. 

I'd like to enter :
Little Red Wagon  flower frenzy 


Please forgive the photo of my second card - that background is actually white. Here I stamped and masked some Hero Arts pot plants and added more stripes to the pots. I coloured with Promarkers and added a sentiment, strip of paper and enamel drops. 

I'd like to enter:
Crafty Cardmakers  birthday 


17 comments:

Dawn T said...

Two lovely card Marina. Both are delightful. Thanks for sharing your second one with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

Dotty Jo said...

Two lovely cards! Not familiar with this book - looks interesting, Jo x

JanR said...

Fab card! I really like the paper piecing. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

It’s a Card Knock Life said...

I seriously could not love this more!!! I would love to case this card if you don’t mind.

Marina said...

Thank you. Please case it and enter it into the challenge at The Library!

Pia S said...

Love the effect of the stripes, I would never have thought of using striped paper for paper piecing a flower image, it looks so cool and trendy!
The second one has a more classy feel, love the stamps you used.

Mac Mable said...

Both cards are wonderful but the first one is genius...love how you did the striped paper piecing...so creative and eye catching x.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi there, great birthday card. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xxx

Izzy Scrap said...

Two beautiful cards, Marina ! I really love the artsy look of your pieced flowers. Your plants card is fabulous too and deliciously CAS. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Liz said...

Two super cards, Marina. I especially love the stripy paper piecing. xx

Tristan said...

A pair of lovely cards Marina. Love the simplicity of the potted plants with their stripes. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Triistan DT.

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! Love love love that paper pieced card... What a clever idea. And I love how you arranged the potted plants... Have a great week!

Karen Brown said...

What a lovely CAS birthday card! Your potted plants look so calm and restful. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Linby said...

I just saw the amazing stripy card at the Library challenge and had to come and see how you did it - looks so great.

Marlena M. said...

Your cards have won my heart...I'm obsessed with stripes! Love your unique floral and those potted plants are so cool Marina! (btw, yes to the pinning and thanks for the encouragement ;))

Donna said...

Two fantastic cards, the one with the stripes really strikes me, unique and eye catching!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Both cards are wonderful, but I would not have thought to do a flower paper pieced in stripes like that. Very cool!