Sunday 17 February 2019

The Library - Spark Joy

At The Library, the book is Spark Joy by Marie Kondo .


29905592

I read this book a few years ago , almost by accident. I saw it on my sister's Amazon wishlist and bought it for her, ended up reading it (it was surprisingly entertaining) and keeping it, and buying another copy for my sister! I've heard people talking about Marie Kondo a lot recently, due to her TV show. 

For my first project (above) I made a card that I hope has a joyous feel. 

I'd like to enter:
Crafty Creations 
QKR Stampede 

Alphabet Challenge  bling



Although I've read the book, I haven't actually used her  de-cluttering methods- but my daughter has! 
Here, I made a scrapbook layout of her before and after pictures. 
I'd like to enter:
Lasting Memories - black, white, pink 
Crafty Friends 

I hope you'll join in the challenge at The Library. 
Lasting Memories

12 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

What a beautiful card. I love your glittery bling. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

Ros Crawford said...

You rocked that challenge again! Fabulous card. Super page too and I did watch the video of her methods too... Not that it helped me, I just had to get ruthless!

Donna said...

Great take on the book, I am thinking of buying it today with my 20% off at Barnes and Noble, I've been reading on line about Marie Kondo and it is helping me clear out more than usual, I got a late start on my yearly purging.

Deanna said...

Really beautiful and love all the hearts! Great work with all the pinks! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

Pia S said...

Interesting book cover, so simple yet so cheerful and full of life. I think your first card takes the bubbly and cheerful feel from the cover. As for your second card, it reminds me of something I should be doing soon too, a full clean up of my closets.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The green and gold is such a lively color combo! Interesting that you enjoyed the book and didn’t use the methods. i have only seen the one episode of the show. Although I did like how she folds the clothes.

Linby said...

I've never seen this version of the book, mine is white with a red circle on it. Anyway, love your card and the scrap page.

Linby said...

Just realised this is the follow up book - doh!

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘anything goes’ challenge with your lovely scrapbook page layout… Ive got to organise my craft room and I definately need the help of the Kon marie method !!!
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Lauren said...

Super cute layout! Marie Kondo is everywhere these days, isn't she? I love that you created a layout about cleaning out. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!
Lauren

Shauna said...

This is awesome! That show is so popular in the states right now. Great layout on this page and fantastic organization job. =)
- Shauna

Lori said...

I love your layout! You did an awesome job with our challenge! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories!