Saturday 25 August 2018

Sailing

My son's grandad is having an operation today and my partner is going over to see him (it's his stepfather). I made this card as quickly as I could so he can take it with him.

I stamped the sea, boat and birds and sponged the sky and then sponged the sea very lightly with the same ink. The porthole was cut on the Silhouette. I added some shimmer pen to the waves.

I'd like to enter:
Cardz4Guyz get well soon
As you Like it  tbh I don't have a favourite colour - I love them all. But blue was my favourite for this card as it works for the sky and the sea and it suggests peace and optimism.
Crafting with Dragonflies   guy card
Try it On Tuesdays

16 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Well done you with making this card so quickly. It's perfect for the occasion and love the little scene you've created within the porthole X

Joan said...

Lovely card Marina, love the porthole and the lovely seascape


Joan

Pia S said...

A quick but beautiful card fit for a man. I like the porthole idea.

Liz said...

Lovely masculine card, it certainly doesn't look like it was made quickly! xx

Joan said...

I'm back again Marina with my Try It On Tuesday hat on to say thank you for entering your lovely card into our challenge

Joan

Shauna said...

How creative! I love your porthole! Great scene.
- Shauna

Donna said...

Such a stunning card, fabulous coloring and perfect for a cheery get well!

froebelsternchen said...

A gorgeous card is this! Thank you very much for joining us over at Try It On Tuesday! Much appreciated! Happy start of the new week!
oxo Susi

Wynn said...

Love the CAS style of your card. Great male card and perfect for our challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies WynnDT

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very serene card, I really like the porthole element to go with the scene!

Helen said...

Love the scene you've created and the port hole makes a perfect frame.

Thanks for sharing your card with us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Ros Crawford said...

Well that would certainly cheer e up! It's wonderful!

Larissa said...

Great card with a lovely design. Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Marjut said...

Beautiful. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

Annette said...

Great layout. The porthole theme works really well.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.

Meggymay said...

A lovely scene and a very thoughtful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne