Thursday 3 September 2015

Little Mermaid




This card is for my grandson...yes, that's right ...he loves mermaids and anything pretty and sparkly, so let's let him enjoy it before the world (almost inevitably) tells him that those things are not for boys.

The mermaid is an image from Digistamp Atelier - I would say this is not a regular digistamp, in that it is very heavily (although beautifully) sketched - and I found I needed a light touch on the colouring to make it work. I used seaweed cutting files from Miss Kate Cuttables, shell cutting files from Creative Pointe , a birthday sentiment stamp, liquid pearl, Promarkers, Distress Inks and Wink of Stella. I also (daringly I think, given my history of wrecking cards when adding a final touch!) added a dot of white gel pen to each eye - I've seen others do this to add light, so I hope it worked.

I'd like to enter:
Unicorn Challenge  mythical and magical.
Dream Factory  little mermaid
Crafting with Dragonflies under the sea
Time Out Make your Mark (This came up in my blog feed as I was about to post this - and it fitted perfectly!) 

14 comments:

Marika said...

Just exquisite colouring!! Brilliant! Still looking at it with my jaw hitting the floor. WoW!

happyglitzygirl said...

How very beautiful, love the bling, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

chrissie said...

Beautiful card and such a cute image

Love Chrissie xx

Lisa J said...

This is simply gorgeous. Love those shell dies! Thanks for joining us for our first challenge. Lisa DT Unicorn Challenge

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my I LOVE this!! Beautifully coloured ... what did you use to colour her? I love that mermaid!

sandie said...

Marina this is stunning, your white gel eyes work really well. And you did a fabulous job of getting all the sparkle to show in the photo. Great to see you at TO and the first in the Gallery!

Gerrina said...

Your colouring is so beautiful! And you are quick!
Hope all will let him enjoy what he likes; the "world" will tell him what he "has" to do soon enough... Hope he keeps his dreams! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

Wynn said...

This is truly beautiful. I think your Grandson is going to love this. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Wynn DT

Anita in France said...

Such a magical image, Marina ... lovely colouring, fabulous shimmer and beautiful detailing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Arlene said...

So very sweet. Beautifully colored.

Crafty Pearly said...

So delicate. Super colours. Thank you so much for joining us at Unicorn Challenge Blog this month. Hugs Traci DT xx
Visit me at http://craftycrested.blogspot.co.uk

Kartenstempeltina said...

Ein traumhaft schönes Motiv hast du da gewählt, die kleine ist ganz zauberhaft koloriert und Szene gesetzt, Super gemacht, danke dir für deine Teilnahme bei der Traumfabrik, liebe grüsse Bettina

Pia S said...

Exactly how I see it to, let them enjoy any thing girly they like, my eldest nephew used to love pink and going for walks with my baby doll and carriage... Your card is a beauty and I'm sure he'll love his card.

Beverley said...

Beautifully coloured and LOVE the shimmer of the mermaids tail. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x