Tuesday 1 September 2015

City Crafter - In a Jam


I chose this week's theme at City Crafter Challenge Blog  so I hope you like it and join in. The theme is - 'In a Jam - feature a fruit or a jam jar (mason jar) or both'.

For my DT card I used a Stampin-up jam jar stamp, a digi of a straw that I made into a cutting file, and a Lettering Delights citrus fruit SVG cutting file.

I've recently discovered that one of my favourite alcoholic drinks - Limoncello- can be made at home using vodka, lemons and patience. It's a twist on the saying 'when life hands you lemons,make lemonade' and I thought it'd be fun to send to someone who is unwell or has had a difficult time (and obviously doesn't have a drink problem , of course!).

I hope you will visit us at City Crafter , see the creations from our DT and guest Katarzyna, and enter the challenge.

I'd like to enter:
Come and Get it  Get Well
Crafty Catz old stamp (jam jar)
Shabby Tearoom inspired by photo colours.
Retro Rubber anything goes

15 comments:

Stella said...

Your brilliant take on the quote made me laugh! And your car dis a fun and lovely take on the theme. I really like how we all came up with a different project. Have a great day!

chrissie said...

Such a refreshing card I can smell the lemons from here

Love Chrissie xx

Pia Larsen said...

Marina, your comment about your favorite drink Limoncello totally made me smile....considering my recent change in work situation I could definitely use a stiff drink once in a while ;)
Thank you so much for your sweet birthday card. It arrived spot on time :)

Ros Crawford said...

What a great card!! Thanks for the challenge! Have a great day!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Love this!

Pia S said...

I'm not familiar with that cocktail but from your description of it it sounds like something I'd probably love too... Your card looks yummy and stylish and fun, and I love lots of yellow on cards, it's a color that always cheers me up seeing it,

Claire Grantham said...

Marina!! I love this, it is gorgeous and I actually have a bottle of homemade limoncello in my fridge right now - yums! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this week. Claire DT

Unknown said...

Marina, I love the card and sentiment! The lemon slice looks like it could jump off the page and into my glass of water. Thanks so much for playing along with Retro Rubber this week! Hope to see you join us often.

Janette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janette said...

Great design, love the image...
Thanks for playing along with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So sweet Marina!!!!

Lisa said...

Super cute! Thanks for joining us this week with the shabby tea room

Tracey said...

Super Sweet card....pretty background paper! Thanks for sharing it with us in the Shabby Tea Room.

Debbie Mageed said...

Your beautiful card is making me thirsty! LOL I love your card and the sentiment is perfect for anyone going through a rough patch. Thank you for playing along with the Anything Goes theme at Retro Rubber and hope you will come back soon!

Jane Knudsen said...

What a great card! So bright and cheery and perfect to make one feel better! Also - now I want a drink! Thanks for playing along with the Retro Rubber challenge!!