Wednesday 13 February 2013

You're havin' a giraffe!


These giraffes are digi stamps from D2D. I had printed them out, large, a while back and then done nothing with them. But when I saw the Pinspirational Challenges picture, I decided to dig them out and see what I could do with them.

First, I coloured them entirely with distress ink. Then I coloured in their patches, tongues, ears etc with Promarkers. The next idea came from the City Crafter challenge 'You felt it'. I die-cut a felt heart and sewed round the edge. I deliberately gave my stitching a naive, childlike effect - no truly, your honour, I can sew better than that.....

I'd also like to enter this for Raise the Bar Challenge 'A Couple of Things'.  

11 comments:

Athina said...

How perfect! I love the expressions! you have done a fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Great card love the felt heart, it's so sweet, love the fun image too, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

OMG This is so adorable I can't stop smiling!! Absolutely beautiful! Many thanks for playing along at CCCB!

Susan said...

LOVE it! Your giraffes look so happy...and I love the felt heart!

Anonymous said...

Awwww the sweetest ever!! LOVE those giraffes!! Thanks for playing this week at CCCB :-)

Scrapbagleader said...

Oh Marina - this is LOVELY - you really made me giraffe with that title too.

See you soon

jan farnworth said...

oh this is totally adorable love it thanks for joining us at (pin)spirational challenges.

Pam said...

Those giraffes have the sweetest expressions on their faces!! I love it. Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges this week.

Unknown said...

Your card is so adorable. It makes me smile. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Deanne Saunders said...

Precious card!!! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}SPIRATIONAL Challenge blog! Hope to see you again!!
~DEANNE~

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What an adorable image... those giraffes are precious!

Love your card, too!

Thank you for participating in the {PIN}Spirational Challenge this week!