Friday 24 February 2012

Et voila!

I love it when a challenge really forces me to use my imagination, and this week, Daring Cardmakers has certainly done that for me with their ‘Marie Antoinette’ challenge.

I found an uncoloured paper doll on the internet and printed it off twice, once on white and once on patterned paper. I coloured in the skin, wig, ribbons etc with promarkers. I cut out the wig and dress and stuck them onto the body.

I made the background using ink and a text stamp. The peacock is a Hobby Art stamp, the corner is a Sizzlit and the ‘Merci’ is a sticker which I stuck onto an embossed oval.

I resisted the temptation to add cakes/ guillotines!

6 comments:

Rika said...

A wonderful illustration of the theme,
love the peacock!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I love MA with Peacock.

Jo said...

Gorgeous card - The paper doll looks amazing with the peacock stamp

jo xx

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Fabulous card - I just love that image and the way you've done her dress. Thanks for joining in with my challenge this week over at the Daring Cardmakers!

Kathy said...

I love that you've made such a special effort to get into our theme this week. Such a clever card - the paper dolls idea is brilliant!
thanks for joining in and sharing your lovely card with The Daring Cardmakers'
"Marie Antoinette" challenge this week

Oscar said...

Such a beautiful card, love the image. Thanks for sharing with us at The Daring Cardmakers this week!