Sunday 19 February 2012

Doing the Docrafts - The Challenge Continues

Way back on New Year’s Day, I set myself the challenge of using every item in the Jan 12 Docrafts Goody Bag. Well friends, I have yet to achieve my mission. I got off to a great start with this and this. Then I got stuck on the last three items. The funny thing is: two of the three items were in the group of things I thought I’d find easiest to use!

Today, at last I have used one of those items – silver peel off stickers with ‘thank you’ sentiments. The main problem was that they were too bright and shiny. For this vintage-esque postcard, I dabbed the silver sticker with brown Staz-on ink to tone it down a bit.

I think this might be a quirky little thing to send to a friend who’s done me a favour. The postcard is digital – from My Craft Studio Crafty Characters CD . I inserted the e text using an old ‘handwriting’ font. The large Big Ben and the crown are Papermania; the Big Ben postage stamp is by Hero Arts and the woman is Non-Sequitur.

I’d like to enter this for these challenges:
Daring Cardmakers – Postable people
Digital Tuesday – Use your stash
Crafts and Me – Distressing

4 comments:

Natascha said...

Great card. Lovely vintage post card design. Thank you so much for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week. Good luck!

Hugs, Natascha

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

Rika said...

Very nice card, thanks for joining in with DCM.

Stempelgedöns said...

Beautiful card. Like the vintage style.