Wednesday 19 February 2020

Going Dutch

Have I mentioned that I like challenging challenges? !  I was browsing the challenge lists at Paper Playful the other day and spotted one I've not heard of before: Two Sisters on the Blog and their current challenge is 'Dutch'.

Now, Google kindly automatically translated the website into English for me, but I suspect the original language was Dutch, so this is pretty high risk, making a Dutch-themed card for a Dutch challenge...!

The jar of tulips, the circle with flower on it and the sentiment,  were all from the same set. I tried to make the circle look like a window and, by the power of masking, put an MFT windmill outside.  I added very light brickwork stencilling and coloured everything with Promarkers.

As well as Two Sisters on the Blog, I'd also like to enter:
Sparkles Forum 
Alphabet Challenge 
Addicted to Stamps
I Love Promarkers 

9 comments:

Claire said...

Ooh I think tulips and windmills are definitely Netherlands, nicely put together with the foreground and background... great perspective x

Caroline said...

It's really a Dutch theme! A nice card!
Thank you for joining our challenge. Please follow our blog if you want to participate our challenge, thank you!
Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

Donna said...

Such a creative and beautiful card!

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love your design.

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful window scene making and a beautiful Dutch card x.

Nicolette said...

You've made a real Dutch card.
Thank you for shring it and became a follower.
Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

Ros Crawford said...

Definitely a Dutch themed card here and beautifully done!

Anna M. said...

Beautifully done! You definitely captured the Dutch theme!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work in our ATSM challenge & we hope you will join us again in the next ATSM Challenge!.

Anna – Design Team member at Addicted to Stamps and More

Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
Thank you!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sparkles Monthly Challenge