Saturday 21 September 2019

Inkspirational - Paper-Piercing

Hi everyone! We've got a new challenge at Inkspirational and it was chosen by Shauna and it's -Paper-Piercing!
This isn't something I have often done (in fact, don't do what I did once and enter the challenge misreading it as paper-piecing!)- so it took me a while to come up with this. 

I made a panel with Distress Ink and a hearts stencil, spritzed with water and stamped with birds from Sheena Douglass and a circular sentiment. I then die-cut it with a circular 'stitched' stencil , thinking that'd be my piercing - but I just didn't think it was obvious enough. So then I found a stencil with little holes in it and used a pokey tool and foam mat to pierce a circle on the white card. This was my second attempt and it's still not great - I think you may suspect why that bit of  ric-rac has been added! 

I hope you'll join in the challenge and show you can do better than me - the rest of the DT certainly have! 

I'd like to enter:

11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Yes I read it wrong at first... x Such a pretty background circle for the wonderful silhouette image. Well done on the paper piercing with the poky tool and of course loving the ric-rac....LOL x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh my, I totally misread it at first too! I love the pretty mint color of your design. The paper pieRcing looks great!

Pat said...

Beautiful card with a lovely image and colours, thanks for sharing at MTTC.

Pat xx

cm said...

I thought paper piecing at first, too...thank heavens it wasn't *grin* Your piercing is wonderful; far more authentic than mine! Love your card!
hugs~c

Maria said...

Lovely card! Wonderful silhouette of the birds! Love the paper piercing around the circle, too!

sandie said...

Well I really like it! Love the fresh background-perfect for the silhuotte stamp and the extra paper pierced circle adds real inerest and makes for a great touch x

Ros Crawford said...

I read it wrong too Lol! Fabulous card and I love the piercing!

Nonni said...

This looks great, Marina! I think your piercing worked out well -no one knows if there's some mistake behind the ric-rac! Love the color scheme of this card. xxx

Debbie Adams said...

What a great card, love the image. I like how you used the heart stencil as a background and did the circle you created. Thank you for joining our challenge at International Art & Soul.
Debbie DT member

Shauna said...

Very pretty Marina! I like the coloring and bird silhouette and the fantastic showcase of piercing with that circle!
- Shauna

Pia S said...

One could say you’ve used both real and faux piercing techniques. Your double piercing makes your clean card design really special. I think you did a great job on this one!