Saturday, 5 August 2017
First Try of Flora and Fauna
Flora and Fauna stamps (just landed in the UK) have a quirky look that both attracts and intimidates me. This is my first attempt at using them.
First, I die-cut a notebook page from cardstock. I stamped the bell jar and stamped the house inside and them stamped the tag on the handle...only to find I should have stamped the tag first! (Fail to plan and plan to fail, folks!) So I stamped the tag on scrap card, used letter stamps from an old freebie set to stamp 'home', inked the tag and stuck it over.
The images were coloured with markers and I added distress inks and splatters (visible image) to the page.
I made a cloud background on the card base , using a stencil.
My plan all along- and the reason I'd stamped on a 'notebook' page, was to use Papermania map washi-tape as if it was a note taped to a desk or wall. This particular washi tape was central to my plan, as I'd been inspired to create this project for a couple of challenges featuring 'maps'. But when I added the washi as planned it totally overwhelmed the card! I did end up using it, but much less than I had thought to and I tore it into thinner strips. The show must go on!
I bought two sets of Flora and Fauna and I'll see what else I can do with them.
I'd like to enter:
The Male Room maps
Time Out home photo
Use your stuff link up