Monday 1 September 2014

Make My Monday - Indian Summer

This week's challenge at Make My Monday is Indian Summer - and that means using bright colours.  As well as the bright colours, I tried to get an Indian feel to my card (apologies to anyone Indian reading this, for the lack of authenticity!).

The elephant stamp is by Paper Parachute (it's an old wood-mounted one) and I stamped it in brown for a henna effect. The stamps surrounding the elephant are by Crafty Individuals and the background pink panel is stamped with a paisley stamp by Blade Rubber.

I hope you will come over and join in at Make My Monday. 

I'd like to enter:
That Craft Place summery colours
Crafting at the Weekend  anything goes
Simon Says Stamp  bold
Imagination Crafts anything goes

10 comments:

Michelle J M said...

Just love it! I adore elephants and yes, it certainly looks very Indian to me with those designs that really look like henna. Michelle x

Sue - said...

Great design! Certainly has an Indian look about it.

Fliss said...

Fabulous card Marina and really love how you brought the elephant in for an Indian feel.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Isobel said...

Beautiful card thanks for sharing at crafting at the weekend and good luck x

Unknown said...

Marina this is beautiful, I adore elephants, and you have used fabulous colours and detail, thank you for sharing with us at Imagination Crafts, this month, best of luck xxx

Joan said...

Love the Indian feel to your card!! The rhinestones add a great touch to a lovely card!

Pia S said...

Wow, what a fantastic exotic card. The gems really enhance the Indian feel of this whole design!

Jacqueline said...

What a fabulous card - love your Indian elephant and your colours look very authentic too - Jacqueline xx

gwen70 said...

a beautiful card - I adore that elephant - thankyou so much for joining us at Imagination crafts this month. Hugs rachel xx