Sunday 11 October 2020

The Library Challenge - Pick of the Paperbacks

 

The new challenge at The Library is Pick of the Paperbacks. 

My first card was inspired by Bernadine Evaristo's  Booker-Prize-winning novel, Girl , Woman, Other, which tells the stories of black women in Britain.  I was inspired by the cover, and used an Angie Blom digital stamp which I coloured with Promarkers and paper-pieced. The sentiment is from an Alte New flower set, 

I'd like to enter this into:

Sweet Stampin  - old stash - the orange paper is from defunct company October Afternoon and the floral paper was a magazine freebie from 2011!
CD Sunday  the image is a digital download 





My second card was inspired by the autumnal outfit on the cover of  Eleanor Oliphant  is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. (This book is also available with a different cover but this is the nicest, I think). I really love this book and recommend it for a funny and heartwarming read. (I've heard it described as 'uplit' - fiction that's uplifting and life-affirming.) 

I used my (stash shopping alert!) new Stamping Bella stamp, masked, so a scene stamp could be stamped behind . I coloured the image with Promarkers and paper-piecing and added a sentiment. 

I'd like to enter this one into:
Pinspirational  colours and check (plaid) from the picture below
My Time to Craft autumnal colours 










17 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a striking and beautiful first card and such a contemporary and wonderful second one x.

Margarets designer cards said...

Wonderful card with great interpenetration of the book
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh wow, these are very inspiring Marina! I particularly like the paper piecing on the first and that vibrant background, and the autumnally dressed figure on the second standing out against the uncoloured background. Vicky x

Jocelyn said...

A striking image and I love the paper piecing. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pat said...

Beautiful cards, lovely images and designs, thanks for sharing at MTTC.

Pat xx

Wynn said...

Love your interpretation of the book cover. The image is beautifully coloured and I also love the sentiment. Thank you for sharing it with us at CDSunday Plus Wynn DT

Pamela said...

You were quick off the mark Marina! Thanks for joining in with the challenge.I love your 'book cover' card.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Pia S said...

You’re the queen of paper piecing! Two amazing designs. I love the coloring of her skin and the colorful prints of her outfit. As for the second, I really like the autumn colors and the non colored scenery. Well done!

Linby said...

Two fantastic cards. I love the first one and must look at that company as not heard of them before.
Love the scene you put behind your stamp for the second one. Not the cover I read and not seen that version before.

JulieP said...

Both of these cards are amazing interpretations of the covers! As you know, I liked Eleanor but loved Crawdads. Hoping to play along!

Dawn T said...

Fantastic cards. Your first card is really amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

Crafting Queen said...

Two amazing cards!

TK said...

Both cards are wonderful. The beautiful woman in the first is striking in itself, and the second one is striking with the b&w background, setting her upfront and focal. Great coloring too, Marina

Jeannie said...

Hi Marina! Gosh I just love both of these; the first for the big bold colors and beautiful gal and great paper piecing, and the second because it's warm and cozy and has that Fall feel to it.

Thanks so much for joining my challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Sandy said...

Love how our plaid element inspired your second card. Awesome choice to color/paper piece the woman and leave the background B&W. Thank you for joining us at PINspirational Challenge. Sandy/DT

Ros Crawford said...

Two fabulous cards and beautifully done!

Seafield Jo said...

A really striking card.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT