Sunday 27 October 2019

The Library Challenge - The Worst Class Trip Ever.

Visiting Librarian Julie chose the new book at The Library - The Worst Class Trip Ever by Dave Berry. I'd not heard of this book before but it looks really fun and is probably aimed at the age group of my son (12) , so maybe he might be interested in it. 

I hope you can see how I drew inspiration from the cover! I actually bought these Waffle Flower Roman stamps especially for it as I was inspired by the cover's historic building and statues. I coloured the Roman with Promarkers and stamped a balloon (Clearly Besotted) to echo the kites/balloons on the cover. I looked up the Latin for Happy Birthday and designed and cut it on the Silhouette. (Hope I got this right and it doesn't say something rude!) Finally, I stamped 'You are a classic' from Neat and Tangled's record player set. 

I'd like to enter:



11 comments:

JulieP said...

Your interpretation is sooooo clever!!!! Love it! Thanks again for inviting me!!

papierelle said...

A very interesting card. Thank you for joining with us at DotMCC.
Gundi

Helen said...

A clever take on the Library challenge, Marina! Fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

Ella's Design said...

Your interpretation of the book cover is really clever, Marina and I like your use of the Latin sentiment (which I'm sure doesn't say anything rude!?!)...I am a real sucker for a pun on a card, as I feel that it should make the recipient smile!
Thanks for playing along with my 'Clean and Simple' challenge over at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

coops said...

Brilliant card, really love the design and colors and the images and sentiment are fab.
Thanks for joining us this week at PFP 😊

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What unique stamps! Very fun design. I did soooooo poorly in Latin class at school.

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun take on the book cover and I am sure it says Happy Birthday!!! Fabulous card x.

Robin Francini said...


How cute us that! Thank You for joining us at Addicted To Stamps and More Robin Dt Member

Rosmarie said...

I really love the deepth you've put into this beautiful Birthday card!
Many thanks for playing with us at DotMCC! Rosi x

Ros Crawford said...

Brilliant take on that challenge!

Pia S said...

The stamps you used are perfect to mimic the book cover and I think they’re great for male cards, both for the younger and more mature men. Fun idea to add the Latin birthday greeting, so fitting with the whole theme.