Sunday 29 September 2019

Library Challenge - The Secret Garden

The new book at The Library was chosen by Visiting Librarian Jo, and it's an old childhood favourite of mine (I still have my original copy, I think) , The Secret Garden. 

I was inspired by the story . If my memory is correct, (spoiler alert!) , there was a friendly robin who hung around with the grumpy gardener and, this was how Mary found the secret garden.

 I thought this old Woodware (I think) stamp , with the robin sitting on the spade handle, was just right. I embossed it in white on kraft , coloured it with pencils and added a Hero Arts sentiment.

I'd like to enter:

Fab n Funky  Christmas
Shopping Our Stash  embossing
Watercooler 
My Time to Craft  birds
Addicted to CAS

10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Marina! I love that you can recall the story - it really is a classic of children's literature, Jo x

Karen Brown said...

Beautiful! I love the embossed image on Kraft colored with pencils and then popped on white for a CAS look. Very nicely done! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Macimbalo said...

Really pretty! I love the embossing especially! Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Donna said...

Such an elegant and classy card! Catching up after vacation, several beautiful cards while I was away, I liked the dog card a lot.

Vicky Hayes said...

Your Robin is the perfect little creature and the image looks amazing heat embossed in white like this and then coloured. Absolutely gorgeous!
:)

Ros Crawford said...

I love your pencil colouring.. Gorgeous card!

Mac Mable said...

The white heat embossing looks great with the sweet image and the adorable robin. Great interpretation of the book title x.

Tristan said...

Wow Marina, love how you were inspired by the book cover. Great idea to keep the focus small and n the centre. Lovely. Thank you for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Tristan DT.

Created by Kath said...

Great card that depicts a great book! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for dreaming the embossible dream with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!