Tuesday 13 August 2019

Somersaults and Stereotypes

Every time I see my niece she's doing somersaults and handstands so I've made her this birthday card.

The 'falling circles' are Neat and Tangled and the circular sentiment is unbranded.

The gymnast stamp is by Waffle Flower - I was pleased to find this set has both female and male gymnasts. My grandson does ballet, but Waffle Flower's ballet set only has girl images. (And don't get me started on MFT's new doctor and nurse stamps.)

I'd like to enter:
Just Us Girls 
Less is More 
Addicted to CAS  Thanks Stephanie for suggesting I enter this due to the tangerine 'bubbles'

11 comments:

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! Your niece will adore it! My friends son always danced until recently he's 17, and I could never find anything with Male dancers on. It's good to have a rant! xxx

Marlena M. said...

I LOVE CIRCLES and this is my favorite ever Marina! The color combo can't be beat. It's spectacular in so many ways~your flow of images is perfection.

Dotty Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dotty Jo said...

I love your card, Marina! I share your pain on the whole MFT Drs and nurses set. I think many stampers will feel the same, Jo x

Lisa Kind said...

Wish I could do that! LOL! This is so pretty! Lovely colors and love the circles! Thanks for playing our #500th challenge at Just Us Girls!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is just fantastic, Marina. Perfect for our challenge at Less Is More - thanks somuch for playing with us. And I applaud your statement of your thoughts about gender inequality in some stamp companies. I love the way you placed your little gymnist in that sentiment circle, and the addition of those wonderful falling circles which look to me like bubbles. That said, the Addicted To CAS code word is BUBBLES for this challenge. I'd love to see this wonderful card in the gallery.

Donna said...

Darling card, it sounds perfect for your niece!

Ros Crawford said...

You ought to open a shop with your amazing designs... Another terrific card!

Raga Senthil said...

So spectacular! Love your composition and the falling circles/bubbles. Thanks so much for Playing along with us at ATCAS bubble challenge.

Maria said...

Such a great card for a girl who loves to do somersaults and handstands! Love all the orange circles!

Mac Mable said...

Great card for your niece and a lovely colour combination...Yes I am with you on the boy and girl stamps x