Wednesday 21 August 2019

Don't Do That - Do This!

I've been experimenting with the 'sketch'function of my Silhouette electronic cutting machine. Here I used a snowman and sentiment from the Silhouette Design Store. But this wasn't my first attempt.....
Don't do that!!!!
The poor snowman has been lost in the blizzard of lovely glitter paste stencilled snow! The paste is lovely and sparkly and will be great on the right project - but this isn't it!  Also the snowman didn't stand out enough , even though I double 'sketched' it.

So, for my second attempt (top) I swapped the Silhouette brand white sketch pen for an ordinary white gel pen. Then, with the same pen, I added snow and a hand-doodled frame. Finally I added glitter pens to the hat, scarf and nose.

I'd like to enter:
Addicted to Cas 
Sweet Stampin Christmas  snow people
Sparkles Christmas snow
Cas Christmas  

15 comments:

Mac Mable said...

You are so clever with the silhouette and Mr snowman seems to love being in the snowstorm! x Fun cards x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Ahh, yes, that paste looks so pretty but Mr Snowman is much happier without the blizzard. Great job and thanks for showing the option not to try!

Darnell said...

How fun, Marina! Your first one does look like he's caught in the snow storm of the century! Much better in version #2 and I love the border!! Hugs, Darnell

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, very clever.

Ros Crawford said...

You are so good with that machine!!! I'm in awe! Terrific cards - even the night time blizzard!

Donna said...

Great job with your Silhouette, I agree I like the one is in a blizzard but is still cute!

Loll said...

Adorable snowman Marina! I love the top one with the sweet doodled border. The second one is a great attempt, but like you said, the snowstorm took over. :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Heather said...

Wow, how lovely to hear about your process for this card - I don't know much about that machine - what a cool feature! Love the look of the lighter ink on the darker paper! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Bonnie said...

The first card has the perfect amount of gently falling snow and shows that wonderful snowman perfectly, Marina! Great Christmas card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CAS Christmas!

Macimbalo said...

So cool, love the snow and backgrounds! Thanks so much for sharing at ATCAS!

Trina P. said...

Snow much fun. The first one you can see that adorable snowman. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas. x

Lynne said...

A super card for our Showtime theme. Thank you for joining in at Sparkles Christmas. Lynne DT

Debbie said...

Fantastic card design for our Sparkles Christmas challenge. I love it. Lots of lovely snow too. Thanks for joining in with us. Hugs Debs DT xxx

Nance said...

We've all been there with those kinds of mess ups. Your 2nd go is wonderful. Chock the first up to practice, that's what I do. lol Glad you joined us at CAS Christmas.

Rocky said...

Love the card and the explanation, so cute. Thank you for joining us at CASS.