Saturday 13 July 2013

Pink Sparkly Elephant



My (grown-up) daughter asked me to make a card for her friend and gave me this brief : pink , glitter, having party at a zoo.  I hope this fits the bill.

The elephant is a Wags and Whiskers rubber stamp and I coloured it with Promarkers. The paper is from a magazine, long ago. The sentiment is a Papermania stamp. Before I paper-pieced the elephant, I sprayed it with adhesive and covered it with fine 'Glamour Dust' glitter, so in real life, it's very glittery.

I'd like to enter this for:
Quirky Challenges Daddy's taking me to the zoo (Bday girl's party is at the zoo, although I suspect it's not her daddy that's taking her!)
Use it Tuesday Birthdays (patterned paper)
Sarah Hurley Challenge Pink Sparkles
Wordplay Saturdays Birthdays

10 comments:

Spyder said...

He's a cute li'le elephant looks like he's having fun at the zoo party!
Thank you for joining Quirky Crafts Challenge!!

((Lyn)) DT

chrissie said...

This is just so cute-what a great image to use for the brief.

Love Chrissie x

Ellibelle said...

Super cute. Love the image!
Many thanks for playing in my "birthdays" challenge at my creative moments/wordplay saturday.

Jessica said...

I would totally have a birthday party at the zoo if I lived close enough. Awesome.

And what a fun card to make for her! Elephants, pink, and glitter what's not to love?! Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Sweet elephant image and great card!

Pia S said...

Really cute elephant image and love how you made it sparkle! So sweet!

Becky said...

This is so sweet! Love the elephant! The patterned paper looks great. Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday!

jaine drake said...

He's adorable, thanks for entering the challenge at Sarah Hurley this time.

Daire said...

Hey! Thank you for entering your card into the latest Quirky Crafts Challenge! I love the elephant! Don't forget to come back tomorrow to check if you've one one of our prizes :)
Daire (Design Team)

fatmonica said...

I love the look of this card,so elegant,and a lovely elephant too!Thanks for sharing it at Sarah Hurley's Challenge Blog.