Sunday 19 May 2019

The Library Reminder - Death on The Nile

Time for a reminder at The Library. 

I've gone all-out ancient Egyptian for this one.

I've had this Tutankhamen stamp since the Egyptian-look had a big moment in stamping - must be over 16 years ago! Bring it back! I stamped it in black over a printed paper from Debbie Moore Egyptian promise CD. Then I added an (un-Egyptian) sentiment and touches of gold and spray ink, for a lightly distressed look.

You don't have to go all Egyptian for this challenge. There's quite a lot else going on on the cover. I'd love to see your ideas. You can enter here. 

Image result for agatha christie book covers death on the nile

I'd like to enter:
Crafter's Cafe I spy something beginning with M ...mausoleum (pyramid)! hehe



CD Sunday Top Three

13 comments:

Carol said...

One of my favourite authors. I think I have all her books and dozens of audiotapes and DVDs. I like the simple but striking image that you have achieved with stamp and background. Thank you for joining in with us at CD Sunday.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

meg said...

brilliant make, relatively clean and simple but very striking, thank you for joining in at CD Sunday

Pamela said...

Great card,the background is very effective.Thanks for joining in the challenge at CD Sunday but to find your blog with the details of the card I had to go through the link on the 'The Library' blog.!
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.

Liz said...

Great design, Marina, super card. xx

Wynn said...

Love the design Marina. I’ve gone Egyptian this time too at CD Sunday.....great minds. Might just join in your Library challenge too. Thank you for sharing it with us at CDSUNDAY WynnDT

Dotty Jo said...

Love all the different elements you've combined, Marina. Stunning card. I'm really struggling with this theme as I don't have any Egyptian stamps (who knew!), so may go with a twenties vibe instead, Jo x

Pia S said...

Great mix of stamp and paper, they fit so perfectly as if they were made for each other! It appears I started stamping after the Egyptian era style was a la mode, I haven’t got a single one in my stash. Not that it matters for this particular challenge....

Margarets designer cards said...

A brilliant card with the background and stamp
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

Fabulous card. I love the Egyptian look.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Mac Mable said...

The stamped image looks great over the printed paper and well done you on using it again over 16 years x

Dawn T said...

Fabulous card Marina Wow that stamp is old! Nice to be able to use these oldies again. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week

Heidi Weaver said...

What a beautifully designed card, Marina. When we love a stamp, it's never too old to use, right? I can see why you've hung onto this treasure. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Super cool stamp! Great for your theme! I am betting that the older stamp companies (the ones that don’t come out with new releases all the time and that also don’t retire images as often) probably do have some Egyptian stamps.