Sunday 14 April 2019

The Library Challenge - Chocolat


At The Library, the book is  Chocolat by Joanne Harris.
Image result for chocolat book
I read this book (published in 1999) when it was quite new and I loved it. But even if you haven't read it, there's loads of ideas on the cover. 

For my first card (at the top) I used a very old Magenta stamp, coloured with Promarkers and a touch of shimmer pen for a sugar glaze. The speckled background was made with a spray mist. 

I'd like to enter the chocolates card into:

I Love Promarkers  something square 



For my second card, I took inspiration from the eggs on the cover. The bunny stamp is an old magazine freebie, coloured with Promarkers and paper-pieced. The eggs were from a Heffy Doodle set. 

I'd like to enter the bunny card into:

I hope you'll join in the challenge at The Library. 

13 comments:

Wendy L said...

Mmmmm gorgeous choccy card, and a lovely Spring card too, thank you for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

NickScrapShack said...

I love your chocolate card! Colours and design look absolutely fantastic. Great colouring too.
Thank you for sharing your talent with us at I LOVE PROMARKERS. Best of luck! Nick

Ros Crawford said...

Great choice for the library challenge and perfect cards! Have a happy Easter and I'll catch up in a few weeks!

Donna said...

Two fabulous cards and takes on the book, beautiful coloring and designs!

Liz said...

Great chocolatey card, I love the background. Your second card is so cute and I love the paper piecing. xx

Lin said...

What a cute image the bunny is. I really like the outside randomness of the stitching holes. Is this a die??

Thank you for sharing in our Easter Challenge.

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers

Mac Mable said...

Two very different interpretations and love them both...slightly more with the chocolate one...I usually don't have favourites but hey it's chocolate x

Sheryl said...

Mmmm I love that chocolate card.
Thankyou for joining us at I Love Promarkers.
Hugs Sheryl xx

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
DT Anneke

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful cards, Marina ! The first one looks so yummy with all these chocolates and the gorgeous design you've made. The second one is just adorable with this cute bunny. Both are great takes on the book cover. Love them. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Josephine said...

Love the chocolates!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Carmakers!

Jeannie said...

Hi Marina! That is one sweet little bunny and I just love the paper pieced top. A fun layout with a very pretty color combination for Spring. Thanks so much for joining my EveryBUNNY is Welcome blog challenge and good luck :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous Easter card.. Thank you for sharing this with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx