Sunday 3 February 2019

The Library Challenge - The Note

At The Library, the book is The Note by Zoe Folbigg. 


The Note: The book everyone's talking about by [Folbigg, Zoë]
I recently read this book...well, tbh, I didn't finish it , as it just wasn't to my taste - but I do LOVE the cover, and I think you can see that from my first card. This card was just pure stamping - the vehicles are by Artemio, the sentiment Penny Black and the stiched-style border stamp is Mama Elephant. 

I'd like to enter:
Country View  black and white plus one 


For my second card I just used the title and went with musical notes  - the musical notes here , and the sentiment, are stamped but the main image is a digi by Mo's Digital Pencil. I cropped it and only used half the image so I had plenty of white space above it. I coloured the image with alcohol markers. 

I'd like to enter:
Little Red Wagon  winter blues 

I hope you'll join in the challenge at The Library. 

17 comments:

Sue said...

What beautiful cards Marina, you do C&S perfectly which I am in awe of as I find it the most difficult thing ever! You've really captured the book cover with your brilliant card, and what fab stamps - red busses always mean London to me. Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy weekend, Sue x

Donna said...

Two fabulous cards that go perfectly with the book cover!

Pia S said...

This book cover looks fab and I can see that it really inspired you. The first card is really similar and it looks great as a card. Your second one, I love how you cropped the image and coloring is perfect!

Liz said...

Two super card, Marina, perfect for the challenge. xx

JanR said...

Wonderful cards! I love the cas design. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Lovely cards. I haven’t heard about this book. It looks like it might be good, but life is too short if it isn’t your thing!

Izzy Scrap said...

Two beautiful cards, Marina with two gorgeous CAS designs ! Love your take on the book cover, you really had the perfect stamps for it ! Fabulous. Your second one is also wonderful and I love the fact you cropped the image. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Corrie Herriman said...

Both are beautiful ! thank you so much for joining in our February Challenge over at Country View Challenges. Corrie xx

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards! That's a great cover, Jo x

Mac Mable said...

Great stamping on your first card and such a perfect take on the cover. Your second card is so creative and a fun idea to pick up on the 'Not' x

Monika Gulyas said...

Both cards are gorgeous and perfect for the B/W plus one challenge of the Country View Challenges!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love the quote on that first card, fabulous work Marina!

Ros Crawford said...

What fabulous cards! The first one is just a perfect take on the book cover and the second one is so beautifully coloured.

Craftyfield said...

Love that CAS look with the striking Black, white and red colour combo! Perfect for our Country View Challenge!

Deanne Saunders said...

Adorable!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Lena said...

A lovely set of cards. I'm glad that even though the book was not to your liking, it was still able to inspire you into making a lovely card. Love the carolers on your second card. The music notes are the perfect finishing touch.
Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas Crafts All Year 'Round.
Have a wonderful day!
♥ Lena ~ DT
Lena’s Creations

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round.

Helen x