Saturday 23 February 2019

Inkspirational Challenges - Use Your Stash


Our new challenge at Inkspirational, chosen by Carol, is to 'use your stash'. 

For my DT project I used both physical stash (the cards and glitter card) and 'virtual' stash - the cutting files and graphics. 

After making this card for my son, vaguely inspired by our love of The Greatest Showman, I became a bit worried that it might be a bit too 'babyish' for him - but in fact it was kept out when the other cards were put away and much played with by friends! I think it's the way the numbers pop out ....

The base is a Lori Whitlock SVG file that I have adapted many times. The sentiment and numbers were designed and cut on the Silhouette. The graphics are by Lettering Delights - they were already coloured but I went over the barbel and the balloon with coloured shimmer pens. 

Lindsey, from Bashful Blogging is still with us as Guest Designer, and I hope you'll join in our challenge. 


I'd like to enter: 
Crafter's Cafe  fancy folds

TOP FIVE BADGE

15 comments:

cass said...

Fun Fancy fold card. Really cute!. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Embossing or Fancy Folds" challenge.

Dotty Jo said...

Love it! Wish I had some gorgeous stash like that! Jo x

sandie said...

so pleased your son and his friends liked the card and I can see why they liked the numbers-it does look a lot of fun to play with. Fab images and such a good design-no idea how to make a card like this but you sure did it in style x

Pia S said...

I imagine this isn’t the easiest type of card to make, I’d struggle to cover all three panels with corresponding themed images and die cuts. I think this is fun, plenty colorful and not at all baby-ish.

Mac Mable said...

What a fun card, so unique and love the 3D effect x

Kylie said...

Happy Birthday to your son! 12? Goodness, where does the time go? I hope he doesn't feel he's too old to keep playing with Brusho powders ;) Your fancy fold card is so much fun and great to see the theme from the movie xx

Ros Crawford said...

I'm not surprised he loved it It's fab!

Donna said...

How awesome is this, like how the numbers pop up, great for a 12 year old!

Nora Noll said...

This is so cute!! I LOVE everything about it!!

Lindsey said...

This is the perfect boy's birthday card! And the nod to The Greatest Showman is so fun.

Marlena M. said...

Your card is SO FUN Marina! I totally see the inspiration from that movie, coming to life here~

cm said...

I'd be playing with your card, too...the pop-out design is fabulous! The Greatest Showman is on my 'watch' list!
hugs~c

Shauna said...

Whoa...Love that original fold and the pop-out! What a fun theme and a great use of your digital images.
- Shauna

Anila Dikay said...

Love the fun fold card. And a very happy twelfth birthday to your son. My son celebrated his 12th birthday too on the 17th this month.

Alka said...

So pretty