Friday 23 December 2016

Some Christmas Makes


I'm off work now until the new year.. hooray! Regular visitors to my blog may know that my son and my two grandsons are a similar age and today I had all three (6,9 and 11) to entertain. Highlights included going to the park ( I was the only adult stupid enough to go there in the biting wind and drizzle)  and the cinema for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. It was quite good but omg this was an expensive afternoon - I'd expect caviar for the cost of the popcorn and the youngest didn't even eat his so I felt obliged to , thereby adding to my holiday weight gain. If you wonder why I'm rambling like this keep going to the end of the page.....

Okay ...my Christmas village, which has gradually expanded from a single house into a hamlet. No skill or creativity required... I just cut the SVGs (3d SVG) on the Silhouette and added colour change LED tealights from Poundland.

And here's the cause of my relaxed manner this evening.....
I've been making limoncello for the past two weeks and I finished it tonight, bottled it and had a little sample....

6 comments:

chrissie said...

Have a wonderful time Marina and a bit of 'me' time thrown in I hope

Love Chrissie xx

Mac Mable said...

Here's to a healthy, happy and crafty 2017! x Amazing village and glad you enjoyed the extra popcorn and the little smaple of the lemoncello X

Ros Crawford said...

Hee hee ... I love your village ... hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Nonni said...

Funny post, Marina! Can I have some of that limoncello in May if I come over? :)

Shauna said...

Ha! Sounds like a fun day out! Love your little mini village. Even if it was a die cut, it is still creative and fun! Lovely job!
I also saw Fantastic Beasts... I liked it, but I don't think it was good enough to be counted among the Harry Potter world. Just my opinion. ;)
- Shauna

Pia S said...

No skills needed you say? Hm, not sure if I quite believe that. At least patience and good fingers for fiddly details needed? Anyway, I love your little village scene colored by led lights.