Friday 15 July 2016

Card Swap Kit - Sea Stories


It's time to reveal the latest from my monthly card kit swap with Nonni and Pia. 

This time it was my turn to make up 3 identical kits , one for each of us. The idea is that we use the kit (mixed with our own stash if we wish) to make cards.

Here is the kit:

The kit included stamped images from a set that was free with a magazine a few years ago, nautical themed shapes cut on the Silhouette, some buttons, baker's twine and some quite challenging patterned papers.

A group shot of my cards is at the top of the page. I am going to link up the cards individually so that I can enter some challenges. 

I hope you'll go and see what Pia and Nonni made!

7 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Fun kit for the three of you to play with. Great job on your four cards x

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous cards!! You really did make the most out of that kit and I love the sea theme!

Pia S said...

Sometimes I think, what if we've made the same? But what's the odds of that. Slim to nothing I guess. The only thing in common is that we didn't use the mermaid with a DP. I loved okay I g with my mermaid. Love the background you made for yours. I also love the simplicity of your anchor card. But I love the DP with boats, and the anchor just seemed to scream it needed to be paired with that one. But I do love your dad version of it. The item I was looking forward to use the most was was the stamped sailing boat. The ocean you made for yours look amazing.

chrissie said...

Well done Marina these look terrific

Love Chrissie xx

sandie said...

Looks like you are having so much fun with these kits and you put a great set together. I love the silhouette card and the splash background card x

Nonni said...

I loved your set Marina. It was so fun for me to color the die cuts with Copics _ I hadn't really tried it before but now feel very inspired to try it again and I want to get some dies that I could use that way. So thank you for the inspiration... And the storybook dies! Love them! :) I saved one for later use. ;) Your cards: They are all great but I think the mermaid card must be my favorite. The bg looks stunning! Also it's so funny that we made very similar cards with the woman stamp. :) I also really like how you combined the twine and the anchor -very inventive!

Shauna said...

Wow! What a great kit and a fun shared project! I was thinking that you had created a lot of fun summer themed cards and now I see why!
- Shauna